Best place to see lunar eclipse this Thursday.

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
surirohan

Best place to see lunar eclipse this Thursday.

Post by surirohan »

There is a lunar eclipse this Thursday that I wish to photograph.

But not just the lunar eclipse. I want to have the eclipse as a background and the singapore skyline as the foreground.

Any suggestions where I can get this picture taken from? I was thinking Mount Faber. But I am not sure what the position of the moon will be w.r.t. the skyline.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help.

Rohan
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Anywhere with open spaces facing west should be ok as its going to happen between 2-6am;also we dont need big astrogear.Those compact camera(mounted on an adjustible tripod) with 30x zoom should also be ok if you dont have DSLR and those expensive telephoto.20x zoom is insufficient but 26x zoom should be the barest minimum.--my 2 cents.(of course we need the sky to cooperate--ie--clear cloudless sky).
mymoon

Re: Best place to see lunar eclipse this Thursday.

Post by mymoon »

surirohan wrote:There is a lunar eclipse this Thursday that I wish to photograph.

But not just the lunar eclipse. I want to have the eclipse as a background and the singapore skyline as the foreground.

Any suggestions where I can get this picture taken from? I was thinking Mount Faber. But I am not sure what the position of the moon will be w.r.t. the skyline.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help.

Rohan
try this

moon at mid eclipse is at elevation 36.8 deg

azimuth 240 deg.

cheers
surirohan

Post by surirohan »

@ mymoon: What application are you using ?? (It is pretty cool !!)
mymoon

Post by mymoon »

surirohan wrote:@ mymoon: What application are you using ?? (It is pretty cool !!)
LightTrac. Design for photographers to plan their outdoor day shots and control shadows.

But useful for astrophotographers too. :D

cheers