Newbie alert. =)

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
Kelvgoh

Newbie alert. =)

Post by Kelvgoh »

Hello all, I am a newbie with ZERO knowledge of astronomy. I have viewed a lot of websites and fell in love with telescopes from Orion and Meade but I have decided to hold off buying one for fear of buying something that is way too complicated for myself. Instead, I found a great buy *Galileoscope* from Astrobargains and hope acquire more experience before I venture on to more sophisticated telescopes.

I hope to gain more knowledge from all the helpful people in this website and look forward to having a chance to join you all on your Stargazing adventures! I stay in Pasir Ris but am only free on weekends due to work commitments.

=)
Kelvgoh

Post by Kelvgoh »

Also, I would love to join you guys for Stargazing trips to learn more. Anybody does such trips on weekends?
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Post by shirox »

Weekends are perfect as most trips to malaysia falls on the weekend of new moon usually.
There are trips up to Punggai, Sedilli and Mersing.
If you drive, the nearest one would be punggai which is around 1 to 1/2 hours drive thru the new E22 highway.

Search around the forum and you will find the information u need lol
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!
Kelvgoh

Post by Kelvgoh »

Yeah just realised that. :mryellow: Thanks man
Gary

Post by Gary »

Welcome to Singastro! Read some of library books (section 520) on telescope and stargazing. Check out the events and observation forum for upcoming and past events. Wait till you find out more about AP, Tak, Televue and you may fall deeper in love. :P
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Kelvgoh

Post by Kelvgoh »

Thank you! Haha, I have been reading a lot of articles and stuffs, looking at telescopes (Would love to get a GOTO Refractor) but it's exhausting to the mind. Hope to meet up with you all soon! [smilie=super.gif]
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Hi Kelvin,

I have a celestron N5i SCT for sale. It is goto capable and it is listed in the buy and sell section. Do drop me a notice/ offer if interested.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Hi Fizzy,

Are you able to provide us a picture of the scope? Also, what accessories will come with the purchase?

Thanks...
Kelvgoh

Post by Kelvgoh »

Hi Fizzy, I won't be getting one yet, at least till I am sure that this would stick. But thanks a ton for the offer!
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi Kelvgoh,

Welcome to the SINGASTRO forums! glad to have you around. stick with us, join us during local sessions and like the rest has mentioned, malaysia trips as well! ENjoy your stay!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits