Celestron PS127EQ

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
ggodetucsamoht

Post by ggodetucsamoht »

Hi beginner, it is quite easy to spot Jupiter during good weather. I saw it's moon too. But the image I received wasn't good, the bands wasn't sharp, clear and bright. Now I am suspecting the collimation is out, maybe need to do collimation again. But my scope is nOt easy to do collimation due to the present of correcting Len inside the focuser tube. Although i just got this scope but some how I feel like changing the scope to a better mount and tripod model.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Hi,

I used to own a PS114EQ, smaller aperture but still enjoyed the hours observing Jupiter and other DSOs (some only !). Like our frens mentioned in this forum, do try out the collimation!
ggodetucsamoht

Post by ggodetucsamoht »

just back from a short session of Jupiter-ing, manage to see 3 moons again. but this time i discovered that my image tends to be sharp towards the perimenter of the view nearer to the edge. When jupiter drop into the center portion of the view, image turns fuzzy and the bands became fainted. Is this due to out of collimation? Tried out with laser collimator by a friend last week and seems like ok but not as sure if it is 100% well collimated.

anybody can advice me?

thks you
thomas
ian0138

Post by ian0138 »

Did you manage to do a star test?
With the in-built barlow, doing a star test is the best to confirm the collimation and do make sure the seeing is good when doing a star test
ggodetucsamoht

Post by ggodetucsamoht »

hi Ian, i am not sure how to perform a star check as i am still figuring out how to do it.
Mariner
Favourite scope: Non as of now

Re:

Post by Mariner »

ggodetucsamoht wrote:I was poison 15 years back, got myself a miserable 50mm tube a it brought me to some spots on sky back then, now with this fatter version I hope it won't fail my years of no-see-on-sky.

Deja vu brother! I started off with a cheapo 50mm tube almost 20 years ago too. :mryellow:
OCULARHOLIC ANONYMOUS!!!
Keep Calm and Carry on Observing.