More clearout: Books, electronice

Have an old aquarium or bicycle you don't need anymore? Here is the place to sell your unwanted (non-astro) items to a friendly Singastroian. Your junk might be someone else's treasure! Strictly for non-commerical use only.
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

I'd be all over this if there was a Horowitz and Hill :-)
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Stuart
Is this book2.Stochastic Calculus of Variations in Mathematical Finance, Mallavian, Thalmaier, hardback, as new: S$75 Warning, higher math - i.e. post-grad - required.
- the type that derive nicely and clearly the various formula they use and then with clear example of how to apply those formula derived (if like that--I am interested;pls pm me)or one that use 'given by'--give you the formula without deriving and then use it in 1 or 2 example vaguely.I am always interested in how maths is applied to the world and can see how stupid people are in using figures!! to bluff others.;and in many cases it works!!!
About my maths background--no worry--satisfy those at MSc physics and calculus of variation should not be a problem.I wonder if the book go into optimization and touches on Operation Research.Thanks.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

hi will take the ipod mini & remote as well .. for experimentation :) collect together with disks...
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Stuart
Thanks for the useful info and from what you said I think its not suitable because I am not in the financial sector and always look at the financial sector with skeptical opinion--economical 'growth',banks collipse;financial crisis and those dangerous money losing funds.;and the astronomical different in interest rates between the 'developing' and the developed western world and how these people come to 'optimize' their interest rates to suit their objectives using maths.Thanks anyway.