Self made modular system

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
superiorstream

Re: Self made modular system

Post by superiorstream »

Hi
Even though project had ended, concept and equipments acquired turn out useful today.
Because of old age, I want to convert my double stacked Ha scope.... 80mm f10 or f11..... Bulky and heavy., to use a zwo 60/280,but realise that it won't come to focus.
Thus I remount the lens and use 58mm tubes to reform a shorter tube. It works like a charm afterwards.

superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

And today successfully get the arrangements of a double stack using a lunt 35mm and a colorado 40mm connected together to get a double stack. It works nicely., with that 60/280.... 60mm refractor. Quite short and can see all those features, verified by comparing with a established double stack. Another use of this modular system.

superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

And my lunt scope turn into a solar scope with a colorado solarmax 40. It works very well.
Thus by rearranging , I got a more sensitive double stack.
Special thanks to all who had sold me solar scopes and those adapter rings and zwo scopes.
Modular systems really create more possibilities.