Equipment galore from Starbase, Japan!

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
rcj
Vendor

Equipment galore from Starbase, Japan!

Post by rcj »

Alright, here's another tension-diffusing post....and sorry for not posting this earlier! I had brought my parents up north to Japan for our first visit few months back. Obviously, I also had to make it a point to visit some astronomy shops while in Tokyo, and STARBASE located in Akihabara was one of them, and also to meet the shop-keeper which was a business friend of mine (which was delectable of course! lesser $$$ for stuffs). It was very difficult to leave empty handed as you can see. I have tried not to reduce the picture resolutions very much, so you can see in detail what the shop has. It was a small shop, but the amount of things inside was so densely packed and displayed, it is a challenge to even make your way around (or should one try to waddle about) without touching anything or breaking anything accidentally. Even the floor was littered with counterweights, star-charted umbrellas, astronomy flip-flops, etc. It was literally a haven for those of us crazy about astronomy equipment! I have attempted to take almost every nook and corner of the shop (few hundred photos), but I can only just show you a few below. It is simply amazing the amount of stock they hold, including a few precious jewels. I have requested to buy the rare Takahashi FC50 (turned down!), plus a clean-up of my haze-infected Epsilon Ross corrector, and a few other pleasures. In all, it was a really fun 2-hour visit but seriously, I could lock myself in there for one month, and be satisfied just scrutinizing everything!

Front face of the STARBASE shop

Shop's central space was littered with telescope setups. How to survive earthquakes?

Dang! I wanted to have this!

Dizzling array of Takahashi accessories

Lovely Borg 77 hiding in one corner

Vixen spotters

Another desired Tak rare OTA!

Second look at the central display. The E180 should be in my pocket!

Lovely TOA150 should also be in my pocket!

Miscellaneous knick-knacks!

Borg rules! Lots of accessories!!

Distracted enough? :P
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

[smilie=hot.gif] [smilie=love.gif] wow, need a lot of bucks
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Maybe you did not post earlier because you were recovering for Takahashinitis..very potent condition. [smilie=cool.gif]

- We are the Borg...Your Celestrons and Meades will be assimilated into our own...Resistance is Futile.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Whoa, must have total worth millions in there!
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
cloud_cover
Favourite scope: 94.5", f/24 Ritchey-Chretien Reflector

Post by cloud_cover »

Takahashitis often leads to "Refractoritis" or sometimes "Mewlonitis" and more rarely, "Epsilonitis" All are characterized by insomnia, squinting at faint points of lights and invariably loss of weight around the right hip.
DON'T PANIC
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Aiyah Remus, this should have been out earlier lah, then all the flames would have been extinguished. All your fault :P

On a serious note, my wife would have to literally tear me away from there and I love how they have samples for almost everything especially BORG accessories cos I think you really need to try before buying.
Kamikazer

Post by Kamikazer »

i spent 3 days in akiba and i didnt notice this shop...

orz
K.L. Lee
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

I went to that same shop.... but spent most money at Akihibara for a DSLR ... [smilie=ahaaah.gif]
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Kamikazer wrote:i spent 3 days in akiba and i didnt notice this shop...

orz
it is located at a quiet end in the northern part of the district
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

it's actually a good thing i didn't know about this place when i went there few months ago... i was with wifey & kids, and mom and m-in-laws... would have been big trouble....