recommended 2" eyepieces to use with f/15 scope

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
chris shaw

recommended 2" eyepieces to use with f/15 scope

Post by chris shaw »

I would like to buy a couple of good low power 2" eyepieces to use with f/15 scope for wider view. Don't want to spend for Panoptic or Nagler class eyepieces as too expensive!

What are good alternatives for low power -

Chris
wucheeyiun

you can try 1rpd st80

Post by wucheeyiun »

Harlequine or Sam is selling the 1rpd st80 extra wide 30mm 2" erfle type 2" eyepiece. Read review on internet.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Max TFOV for your scope is 1 degree only using TV 55mm Plossl.
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

I know the fov for my f/15 scope isn't exactly impressive but I am itching to use a 2" eyepiece on it. How will the 1rpd work on it I wonder? Unfortunately Sam or Harlequin is now out of commission for the moment. I think they are taking stock of their entire business plan....
Who else sells 1rpd locally I wonder?

Has anyone used the widescan III 30mm eyepiece? Will the size of either the 1rpd or widescan III 30mm affect the balance of my LX200 7" GPS maksutov?

Chris
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

I would like to buy a couple of good low power 2" eyepieces to use with f/15 scope for wider view. Don't want to spend for Panoptic or Nagler class eyepieces as too expensive!

What are good alternatives for low power -

Chris
Chris, try this ep calculator:
http://www.spacebox.org/eyepieces/index.php

Arief
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

chris shaw wrote:I know the fov for my f/15 scope isn't exactly impressive but I am itching to use a 2" eyepiece on it. How will the 1rpd work on it I wonder? Unfortunately Sam or Harlequin is now out of commission for the moment. I think they are taking stock of their entire business plan....
Who else sells 1rpd locally I wonder?

Has anyone used the widescan III 30mm eyepiece? Will the size of either the 1rpd or widescan III 30mm affect the balance of my LX200 7" GPS maksutov?

Chris
Hi Chris,

You are welcome to try my 1rpd out for a spin on your scope. PM or email me if you want to.

Kay Heem
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Or may be you can consider the UO 40mm MK70.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

Dear Weixing

Have you ever tried a KONIG on a slow scope before? I wonder if there are any optical problems with it...

Chris
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Dear Weixing

Have you ever tried a KONIG on a slow scope before? I wonder if there are any optical problems with it...

Chris
I think debash has just acquired a 30mm UO Konig for his f/12 MAK. You also can try using an f/6.3 reducer for SCT (i read it worked on MCT as well). You can go to up to 30mm EP before it starts vignetting (JY has the reducer, maybe can borrow?)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Most eyepiece will have problem using on fast scope, but a slow scope, such as your 7" MCT, shouldn't have any problems. Anyway, haven't try out the UO konig yet, may be I'll check out Debash UO Konig first on the next observation session with him.... look like quite difficult to have any observation session these few day if keep raining :(

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: