Buying stuff from Japan

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
Delpheo
Favourite scope: Orion Starblast 4.5

Buying stuff from Japan

Post by Delpheo »

Hi everybody,

I found this item that I wanted to buy from a Japanese seller (more wallet-friendly compared to US). The seller does not ship to Singapore, so I would probably be using Vpost. But the main issue is the payment. The seller only accepts bank transfer method. I tried looking at the DBS overseas fund transfer, but I am not sure if that is the proper method? And if I use Vpost, could I simply pay Vpost and they would then pay the seller instead? Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar scenario and could advise on this. Thanks in advance! :)
Phucdt
Favourite scope: Homemade Newtonian 6" f/8

Re: Buying stuff from Japan

Post by Phucdt »

Hi Delpheo,
I buy from JP, why don't you buy from Kokusai Kohki at www.kkohki.com? They accept paypal and ship to almost everywhere in the world by EMS.
Redondo
Favourite scope: Takahashi

Re: Buying stuff from Japan

Post by Redondo »

I bought 2 Tak scopes from Japan via a seller on Taobao.com. They can pay on behalf of you, ship it from Japan and even bid for you in auctions. Let me know if you need the contact.