Anyone has any experience or comment about Meade Star Navigator NG or Polaris 130 Telescope?

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
Yong54321
Favourite scope: Dobson

Anyone has any experience or comment about Meade Star Navigator NG or Polaris 130 Telescope?

Post by Yong54321 »

Hi

I know celestron slt130 is very popular but i tend to like meade design. Do any come across meade goto version - starnavigator ng. I am looking at the ng 102 or 130.

I read about the motor noise of meade ng, is it true that it will wake up the neighbour in the middle of the night?

Price is about the same for celestron and meade.

At the same time, i am also considering the manual eq meade polaris 130. It is comparable to the more popular celestron powerseeker verson. Any coment on it? thanks in advance.

I am using it to take short exposure of dso. So are they suitable?

Best
Yong54321
Hardwarezone
Favourite scope: maksutov

Re: Anyone has any experience or comment about meade starnavigator ng or polaris 130 telescope?

Post by Hardwarezone »

Just make sure to avoid the powerseeker127 because it is bird-jones lens inside. It's something bad. If you slowly hunt for a proper parabolic newtonian it is possible to still fit inside the same budget or price.
Yong54321
Favourite scope: Dobson

Re: Anyone has any experience or comment about Meade Star Navigator NG or Polaris 130 Telescope?

Post by Yong54321 »

Thanks. I think usually telescopes of 127mm apecture are bird-jones design. Thank you very much. Just ordered the meade Polaris eq130.