[Question] Where ~~~~~~????

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
quark

[Question] Where ~~~~~~????

Post by quark »

Hello :

I'm a chinese in singapore and wanna buy a telescope so where would I go to ?
Last edited by quark on Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

U can look out for usernames appearing in pink. Those pink ones are names of local vendors. :wink: :idea:
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Basically there are a few vendor:
1) Astro Bargains: See vendors corner section
2) Astro Scientific Centre: http://www.astro.com.sg
3) Harlequin Astronomics: http://www.harlequinastronomics.com/
4) McGill: http://www.mcgill.com.sg/
5) StarMatrix: See Vendors corner section
6) The Physical Space (Lee): see vendors corner section

For used scope, check out the buy and sell section.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by weixing on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Is there a FAQ on buying telescopes in Singapore? Anyone interested in writing one?

Quark,
You can read the articles on how to choose your first telescope in the articles section. You can also consider buying from overseas by Vpost as one alternative.

Cheers,
Chris

p.s. Why is the title ~~~~~?
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

if you can order from overseas, www.optcorp.com reccomended..fast friendly and cheap
Do You Believe That Forks Are Evolved From Spoons?
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Hi,

#2 (Astro Scientific Centre) has a showroom. Good for you to go there to take a look to gauge the size of some common scopes e.g. refractors and reflectors. However, the price there is also the highest among the vendors listed by weixing.

Among the other vendors, they pretty much cover everything a beginner would need.

I think weixing forgot to mention The Physical Space, which is run by Lee Wee Kiong. TSP is a dealer for Meade products.

Kay Heem
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
#2 (Astro Scientific Centre) has a showroom. Good for you to go there to take a look to gauge the size of some common scopes e.g. refractors and reflectors. However, the price there is also the highest among the vendors listed by weixing.
If you are looking for Celestron brand refractor or reflector only, their price are quite competitive.
I think weixing forgot to mention The Physical Space, which is run by Lee Wee Kiong. TSP is a dealer for Meade products.
Oops... Yeah... why can I forget... :oops: hee hee Will amend the list.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

chrisyeo wrote:Is there a FAQ on buying telescopes in Singapore? Anyone interested in writing one?

Quark,
You can read the articles on how to choose your first telescope in the articles section. You can also consider buying from overseas by Vpost as one alternative.

Cheers,
Chris

p.s. Why is the title ~~~~~?

Hi chris,
regardless or in US or in Singapore, the considerations for buying a scope is universal, the FAQ already found singastro would also be useful...heh heh
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi Rich,

I beg to differ. The considerations on what scope to buy may be the same, but how to obtain the right one in Singapore might me different because of our geographical position and our weather. So an FAQ on where to purchase scopes from and what to look out for may still be useful.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth. :)

Cheers,
Chris