Lost - WO SCT Crayford Focuser

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
Tachyon

Lost - WO SCT Crayford Focuser

Post by Tachyon »

For all of you who are waiting to see my 2nd hand WO SCT Crayford Focuser, I have bad news for you. Today the parcel arrived but contained only packing foam and bubble wrap with no focuser! :k-sad:

If anyone sees a stray WO SCT focuser around, please contact me. Rewards will be given with no questions asked!

Hmm... maybe at the Mars Event I can have a booth displaying astro equipment packing materials? I have 4 pieces of packing foam and 2 sheets of bubble wrap to demo. :)
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

how can that be? whom you bought it from?
jermng

Post by jermng »

You mean the parcel was still nicely packed and the sender just didn't put in the Focuser or someone opened the parcel along the way and took it out?? Did you buy it from someone in SingAstro?
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Lost - WO SCT Crayford Focuser

Post by Airconvent »

Tachyon wrote:For all of you who are waiting to see my 2nd hand WO SCT Crayford Focuser, I have bad news for you. Today the parcel arrived but contained only packing foam and bubble wrap with no focuser! :k-sad:

If anyone sees a stray WO SCT focuser around, please contact me. Rewards will be given with no questions asked!

Hmm... maybe at the Mars Event I can have a booth displaying astro equipment packing materials? I have 4 pieces of packing foam and 2 sheets of bubble wrap to demo. :)
oh no...you mean you have been cheated or did the seller reply he made a mistake? do give us the details. If its deliberate, than you should feedback to astromart on this..hope you get it back..

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Haiz... still under investigation by Singpost. Will keep everyone updated..

Cheers!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
river

Post by river »

Oh! Did the shipping weight stated on the shipping statement suggest the item is in the box when Singpost receive them?

Good luck
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Did you buy by credit card?
inform bank and insurance, they are covered under mis-handling, thief or fraud....
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Sorry to hear about the missing focuser.

I have similar experience once. I sent a green laser pointer to someone with a padded envelope and he didn't see get to see even the envelope. It just vanished into thin air. Went to check with the post office, and as expected nothing can be done to recover it back.

I can understand someone taking the laser, but a focuser? I know something steal copper but never heard of anyone stealing metal. (Sorry just a joke).

Anyway, got bitten once in US through astromart. Luckily it is only no more than USD100, if I can remember. Send money over and no parcel arrive. Send a mail to that guy and suddenly the mail is not valid anymore!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Yeah, I can understand about missing packages, but frankly I cannot understand why anyone would want to take the focuser out of the box, reseal it and continue to send the empty box to the receiver? Weird...

:k-?:
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Tachyon wrote:Yeah, I can understand about missing packages, but frankly I cannot understand why anyone would want to take the focuser out of the box, reseal it and continue to send the empty box to the receiver? Weird...

:k-?:
did the seller even put it in?