New Orion 80mm Semi-APO refractor

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Yes, they are better-corrected achro with great mechanics :-)
williamopticsmarketing
Vendor

WO ZS80 packages

Post by williamopticsmarketing »

Which ED lens??

f.y.i.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/William-O ... ssage/4547

Our ZS80 has never been called an APO or semi-apo by WO. It is now sold with a 2 speed microfocuser at the same price as before (check with your Singapore's dealers). Also, there is a package with a Dielectric Diagonal and 2" VR1 filter. Packages before had 1.25" and no 2 speed... All have been now upgraded.

Also, the ZS80 short version, optimized for binoviewers, called ZS80S, has a 2 speed microfocuser, comes in packages, one of which with binoviewers.

These products are not on your dealers' webpages alas, but they know about them, so if you ask them, they will offer them to you.

To make your life easier, here's the packages you can purchase, with part no:

WA-Z80 Zenithstar 80 2 speed microfocuser
WA-Z80P ZS80 PACKAGE (Dielectric Diagonal & 2" VR1 filter)

WA-Z80S Zenithstar 80 SHORT VERSION, 2 speed microfocuser
WA-Z80SDIE ZS80 Package1 (Dielectric Diagonal & 2" VR1 filter)
WA-Z80SEP ZS80S Package2 (Erecting prism & 2" VR1 filter)
WA-Z80SBINO ZS80S Package3 (Binoviewer Package, Dielectric Diagonal & 2" VR1 filter)

Incidentally, our microfocusers RETROFITS for M80 and for ZS80 both fit
any ZS80 clones...

http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/pr ... tures0.htm

Finally for those of you who are interested in our latest Fluorite Doublet APO lens, codesigned with TMB, but in a different tube from the red one (black like ZS80 or white like Megrez), please contact your dealer, because that is possible too.

arided wrote:This tube is made by OEM of William Optics. It's convenient to adapt to many types of rings. The ED lens is made by Synta. I checked its achromatic aberretion is lower than their achromatic 80mm lens. However, the image quality is not any better than fluorite lens Tak FS-78.
lowrobin
Vendor

Vixen APO

Post by lowrobin »

ariefm71 wrote:Beware, the orion express 80 is a plain achro. Performance will be the same as Vixen A80SS (the term semi-apo means better-corrected achro). No ED glass, there's no magic here. See extensive discussion on cloudynights or AM. I would personally prefer Vixen over the Orion.
Hi Ariefm,

Thanks for supporting Vixen Product, the new Vixen ED115S will be arriving to Singapore for presentation in mid December, Watch out for our announcement in Singastro Forum. :lol:

Robin Low
Mcgill Commercial House
lowrobin
Vendor

WO ZS66 SD Doublet APO

Post by lowrobin »

anat wrote:Note that the "new" SD Doublet APO costs US$399 which is the same as the Orion semi-APO. The triplet APO costs US$499.

I still wonder why WO maintains too many similar products (three 66mm scopes, and five 80 mm scopes). Just my feelings :)

Anat
Hi Anat,

The William Optics Zenith Star 66SD APO will be in Singapore in Mid December as well as new 10th Anniversary 80mm Fluorite, 2" 90 degree Erect Prism, Quartz Mirror Diagonal will also be with this shipment, please feel free to view these remarkable products by W.O. :lol:

Robin Low
McGill Commercial House