Suggestion in Telescope

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
boothee

Suggestion in Telescope

Post by boothee »

Hi everyone!

Anyone of you have tried the following scope? Kindly let me know if you have any idea/suggestion. Because I'm thinking to have one. Please feel free to PM or Reply or email me .

Thanks for your kind suggestion.

:)
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

Hi Boothe, is that an 8" newt?
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com
boothee

Post by boothee »

Sorry I forgot the link:

Parabolic Newtonian 254mm (10"), FL=1150mm

I and my friends can't decide on choosing above mentioned telescope and Orion® SkyView Pro™ 8 Reflector with GoTo Pointing!

Orion® SkyView Pro™ 8 Reflector

Prices are not much difference but china telescope include GPS external module, and electro focuser. I prefer Orion because they include 8" mirror. Any suggestion ?

Thanks,

boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Prices are not much difference but china telescope include GPS external module, and electro focuser. I prefer Orion because they include 8" mirror. Any suggestion ?
I'm a bit confuse... :?: :?: You mean the china 10" Newtonian come with GPS external module and electro focuser, but no mirror??

I think the only concern is the quality of the mirror of 10" Newtonian... 10" will be better as long as the optics is decent, but I don't think many had experience with this scope... may be you need to search the internet for review.

Anyway, although Orion 8" got a smaller aperture, but it is a proven scope... so may be a less risk choice.

Just my S$0.02.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
boothee

Post by boothee »

weixing wrote: I'm a bit confuse... :?: :?: You mean the china 10" Newtonian come with GPS external module and electro focuser, but no mirror??
Ha Ha . . :lol:

10" China Telescope come only with 6" Parabolic mirror.

So I better choose orion? Do you have any idea whether I could find that scope in S'pore? Because I'm visiting S'pore very soon. And I wish I could join your imaging section.

Thanks,

boothee
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
10" China Telescope come only with 6" Parabolic mirror.
Base on the scope specification, I think may be they just "cut and paste" the packing list from the 6" Newtonian and forget update the packing information. So, may be it's better you check with them as it's not logical to put a 6" mirror in a 10" Newtonian tube.
Do you have any idea whether I could find that scope in S'pore? Because I'm visiting S'pore very soon.
Which scope?? May be you can check with Astro Bargain or McGill. They may be able to help you get one.
And I wish I could join your imaging section.
You are welcome... :D

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

the site is really confusing :roll:

it says 6" mirror for 10" newt. scope
and it displays EQ2 or EQ3 mount for the 6", but it says EQ5.

you might want to check if the EQ5 load capacity could handle 10" Newtonian (plus accessories) for imaging.
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com
boothee

Post by boothee »

Have anyone of you ever heard the name Maxvision Telescopes ?
How are they ?

Thanks,

boothee
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Have anyone of you ever heard the name Maxvision Telescopes ?
How are they ?
Yap... heard them before. I think they are the OEM of certain Meade and Celestron product. They got a large range of products including (from their price list):
1) Achromatic Refractor,
2) 5" and 6" 4 elements Achromatic Refractors with 3" and 4" focuser,
3) up to 5" (127mm) ED triplet APO Refractor,
4) Maksutov Cassegrain & Mak-Newtonian,
5) Spherical & Parabolic Newtonian,
6) Mount and Accessories.

Anway, their online sale website is currently down for upgrading. Below is a china astro forum that have a sub-forum for them (in chinese):
http://www.astron.sh.cn/cgi-bin/forums. ... =11&show=0

Below are pictures of their production line (you can see Meade LX75 EQ mount, scope and also celestron scope):
http://www.astron.sh.cn/cgi-bin/topic.c ... 141&show=0

Below is their price list for china from the above forum (in chinese):
http://www.astron.sh.cn/cgi-bin/topic.c ... 429&show=0

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
boothee

Post by boothee »

Hello Weixing,

I ask you because I'm thinking to buy one 10" Maxvision telescope from them.

It looks good to me and quite cheaper than others.

Thank you so much for your kind information.

Cheers!!!

boothee