AP 130 f/6.3 Gran Turismo #38 (FOR SALE)

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

ariefm71 wrote:I hate the diagonal (should've ordered the Maxbright as well)... hahaha :)
Nice scope. Congrats!!
actually I got an old maxbright, but cosmetic-wise err......not so nice to put in the photo.

Thanks for all the congrats......it was 9 years waiting for this scope. I never thought the day would come, but it did. So for those who have your names on the list...don't give up!

As for this scope, I will give a first light review when there is a chance, but I doubt I will be using it much.

If there is anything you guys want me to check it out with this scope, feel free to let me know
Jingguo

Post by Jingguo »

WOW very cool scope. How long was the queue time? The name of the scope remind me of a very famous car branD !!!!!
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

wucheeyiun wrote:good stuff Vincent.....First light review ? :)
Not yet, but preliminary viewing inside my house got me really surprised.

I was looking at some opposite buildings through my house closed window and a day white curtain. Yes, those porous type day white curtain (semi-transparent type) which is in front of my window. I wasn't expecting to see anything due to the curtain blocking the view. Any external image has to pass through my window glass and the day curtain which is only about 2 metres away from the scope.

Not only did I see the opposite building clearly, I even saw the brick texture and brick lines of that building wall (using Pentax 21mm). It is like as if the curtain wasn't even there! Not even a hint of colour on the edge of the building wall.

Without the curtain and the window glass blocking the view, this thing is definitely going to be extremely sharp. Quite amazing.

I then took out my Meade 8" RC and did the same thing. View that same building though the curtain and window. One look and it's game over for the 8" RC.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

VinSnr wrote:

I was looking at some opposite buildings through my house closed window and a day white curtain. Yes, those porous type day white curtain (semi-transparent type) which is in front of my window. I wasn't expecting to see anything due to the curtain blocking the view. Any external image has to pass through my window glass and the day curtain which is only about 2 metres away from the scope.

Not only did I see the opposite building clearly, I even saw the brick texture and brick lines of that building wall (using Pentax 21mm). It is like as if the curtain wasn't even there! Not even a hint of colour on the edge of the building wall.

Without the curtain and the window glass blocking the view, this thing is definitely going to be extremely sharp. Quite amazing.

I then took out my Meade 8" RC and did the same thing. View that same building though the curtain and window. One look and it's game over for the 8" RC.
Looks like you got the perfect X-ray scope....what else did you see into the bedroom across your block? .... [smilie=evil-smile.gif]
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

wucheeyiun wrote:
VinSnr wrote:

Looks like you got the perfect X-ray scope....what else did you see into the bedroom across your block? .... [smilie=evil-smile.gif]
Umm......unfortunately opposite is those JTC flatted factories and not someone's room...hahaha

On a serious note, the difference in sharpness between the AP and the Meade is quite astounding. However, I have no doubt that the Meade can see "deeper", but the AP would probably give a more pleasing image due to its sharpness.

I am now trying to check out the new UA Doublestar mount. Not on their website yet, but very interesting product. This can easily mount the AP and the Meade together.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

How is it compared to the "Meade" 127ED Triplet?
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

ariefm71 wrote:How is it compared to the "Meade" 127ED Triplet?
err...I don't have this scope with me anymore.

I need to do a first light with the AP first and then use "memory" to compare.

One thing I can tell you for sure. I believe the view through the AP can never be 4X better than the Meade 127ed
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Hi Arief...
lets do a shoot out with between the tmb115, ed127 and AP130 ? i got a feeling the ed127 will be the least performing...but it is nice to try out...call it the APO shoot out night. We can include other apo's too like Remus TOA130...( if remus is still around ) and of course mooey's flt 98 !
Last edited by wucheeyiun on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

eh, when can we get a chance to molest this beauty? maybe leave a fingerprint or 2 somewhere.

wcy: oei oei, dun sabo!! mine not coming that soon. waiting for monsoon period to be over first, maybe jan. the 130gt already brought along rain, i think if the flt-98 comes now, might flood.

~MooEy~
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

I don't mind doing a shootout or just let people experience the scope. Photos normally don't do any scope justice. Bring your own eyepieces and experience it yourself. Have some fun with it.

After that. the AP130GT will probably go back into its case for a long time.