Cheapest mount with guiding capability worth getting?

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
qinjuehang

Cheapest mount with guiding capability worth getting?

Post by qinjuehang »

I'm thinking of getting a personal scope sometime soon, and I'll probably be doing some astrophotography. I would most likely be using the cheapest setup possible that's passable, a WO 70mm APO with a KWIQ guider, so I would want a mount which has decent tracking and guiding, and can support that. I guess I'm not asking for much with such a light setup, but I'm trying to save anywhere I can. I don't need anything fancy, like goto or anything (even though most mounts with autoguider ports have goto).

I have moderate experience with telescopes, and can find my way around the sky most of the time (it depends on the sky).

So, any suggestions for the mount? I'd prefer the cheapest mount worth getting...my budget is somewhere around the skywatcher EQ-5.
Area503

Post by Area503 »

u might wanna consider the Celestron slt series. try astrobargains while you are at it.