Pelican 1650 case

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
ariefm71

Pelican 1650 case

Post by ariefm71 »

Hi, anyone knows where to buy the above (or similar) case in Singapore? It's for transporting a c8 with fork mount.

clear skies,
Arief
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Pelican 1650 case

Post by VinSnr »

ariefm71 wrote:Hi, anyone knows where to buy the above (or similar) case in Singapore? It's for transporting a c8 with fork mount.

clear skies,
Arief
lucky plaza basement. Can't remember the name of the shop, but they sell diving equipments.

Prepare to fork out about $400++ for the case.
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Pelican case

Post by kochu »

I saw one shop selling it at Sim Lim Square 4 th or 5 th floor.

Kochu
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

I buy a normal case and put form linen inside ;P ..... stripped from computer equipments boxes :)
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Pelican 1650 case

Post by Airconvent »

ariefm71 wrote:Hi, anyone knows where to buy the above (or similar) case in Singapore? It's for transporting a c8 with fork mount.

clear skies,
Arief
pelican cases cost a bomb..better for you to buy on of those travel backpack.
don't throw away the packing material. They can be used as cushioning foam and you conveniently carry your ota as a backpack.
all the extra pockets can be used to keep your eyepieces, accessories, etc.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

not sure can use a backpack with the fork mount still attached.
btw, checked the lucky plaza store yesterday and they're selling it for $499 ($745 listed price with 33% disc., maybe a worthy investment if you have an ultima or lx200). It's VERY bulky, don't think can travel much with it. Looking for another alternative, maybe a flight case? saw one on yahoo auction.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi ariefm71,
Paris Department Store - is a diving shop at lucky plaza basement. I have one, and works superbly. It is bulky but protects your investment well.
Good luck!
rcj
denebman

Post by denebman »

I am also very interested in the Pelican case, it serves both as protector and dry cabinet. Will go and check if the 1650 fits my Mewlon well.

Just wondering if the case is still available at lucky plaza basement? Do they have the one to fit a big refractor? Thanks for any input.
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Hi luiming, the pelican 1650 is like a case made in heaven for the mewlon 210, i have it fitted perfectly with home made foam from any furniture cushion shop. I will show you one of these days, you can also ask Rlow to show you the pic he took during the Mars2005, on how it was retrofitted for the mewlon 210.
rlow

Post by rlow »

I will show you one of these days, you can also ask Rlow to show you the pic he took during the Mars2005, on how it was retrofitted for the mewlon 210.
Well I can show you the 1650 case with the original foam fitted with the Mewlon 210 inside.
lucky plaza basement. Can't remember the name of the shop, but they sell diving equipments.

Prepare to fork out about $400++ for the case.
I just ask them yesterday, there is one available for $490.
not sure can use a backpack with the fork mount still attached.
Arief, for your info, I had transport C8 with fork mount in a backpack to Batu Layar before; it can be done.