Venus Transit in Toa Payoh

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
harlequin2902

Venus Transit in Toa Payoh

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi all,

I will be setting up my scope to share this astronomical phenomenon with the public in Toa Payoh Central on the 8th. Those in the area can feel free to drop by.

I can be contacted at 93621186 for confirmation (in case of bad weather, I won't be going down at all), directions etc...
Samuel Ng
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

samuel, is it possible that I place my bino, filters and tripod at your home then get it from you on that actual day because I am on course at sembawang camp(can't bring these into that camp =P) then rush to your place after I fallout from my course most likely at 5pm-5.30pm...? can't leave leave becos on course....
.___.
{O,o} O'RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
shoelevy

Post by shoelevy »

if i remember correctly the transit should be over by the time u get there.
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

samuel, is it possible that I place my bino, filters and tripod at your home then get it from you on that actual day because I am on course at sembawang camp(can't bring these into that camp ) then rush to your place after I fallout from my course most likely at 5pm-5.30pm...? can't leave leave becos on course....
Hm, that isn't a problem, but I'm not sure if I'll be staying down that long. I'll be down by 1pm, and if I'm all alone down there, I'll most probably stay till about 4pm-4:30pm.
Samuel Ng
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

nah... still can see a bit of the transit.....
.___.
{O,o} O'RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hi Samuel, as agreed I will be there helping you ;) But that day is also NTU-NUS astro challenge, so I will reach Toa Payoh only around 2-3pm, depending on how fast the competition ends.
shoelevy

Post by shoelevy »

oh...astro challenge....i still recall the glorious day when my school...Temasek Junior College won the competition
anyway...how's TJC doing at these competitions now?
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

zong wrote:Hi Samuel, as agreed I will be there helping you ;) But that day is also NTU-NUS astro challenge, so I will reach Toa Payoh only around 2-3pm, depending on how fast the competition ends.
Ok, that's great. Feel free to rope in any friends of yours who may be interested too :lol: . The more the merrier !
Samuel Ng
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Due to some unforseen circumstances :evil: (looks to me like a 'pasar malam' or some kind of fair is being set up), the Venus Transit event at the originally intended place outside the library area may have to be relocated to somewhere else within Toa Payoh Central. I am not able to confirm the new location in such short notice, so those who are really interested in coming on Tuesday should call me (93621186) to see where we have set up on the actual day.

Thanks.
Samuel Ng
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

harlequin2902 wrote:Due to some unforseen circumstances :evil: (looks to me like a 'pasar malam' is being set up), the Venus Transit event at the originally intended place outside the library area may have to be relocated to somewhere else within Toa Payoh Central. I am not able to confirm the new location in such short notice, so those who are really interested in coming on Tuesday should call me (93621186) to see where we have set up on the actual day.

Thanks.
dun care about the pasar malam la....

just smack your scope right in the middle where people are walking or working.

And you will convert that pasar malam to pasar quiet because everyone will either run away from you thinking you are setting up a weapon of mass destruction or they flock at your scope.

I suspect I will see headlines "Astronomer activated Singapore Commandos" on Wednesday's New paper.