Stars and Lightning: Mersing trip report (12-14 April 2013)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
starfinder

Re: Stars and Lightning: Mersing trip report (12-14 April 20

Post by starfinder »

Thanks all for the comments!

@Mymoon: You could check out Remus' Mersing expeditions thread for when the next trip would be:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11567

@Airconvent: Yup, I set up in the same area. On the 1st night (Fri), I recall that there were just light intermittent breezes throughout the night and only some dew after midnight; a pleasant and cool tropical night. On the 2nd night (Sat), it was warm and humid in the early evening (my digital hygro-thermometer showed it was 29deg C and 87% humidity at 8.15pm). I think there were also the usual light breezes throughout most of the night.

@Shirox: Ya, Thor decided that since you guys photographed him in Puppis he would make a real appearance in our skies!

@rcj: Thanks. Yup, do get something like the 22" UC; would be the largest aperture for 1000 miles! Shhh... July? haaa...

@Antares2063: I think it was thanks to you that we all joined in the lightning photography! I was woken up by the commotion. At the canteen... don't quite recall describing it as that.. haha.

@Globe53: Thanks. I'm still keeping a lookout for the red Finger LED lights at hardware shops here. Hope to buy a few soon.