East Coast Park Obs session - 21/6/2014

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
DarthCryder
Favourite scope: Nikon 85mm/f1.4 lens

Re: East Coast Park Obs session - 21/6/2014

Post by DarthCryder »

update @ 2258hrs: just saw a bright meteor darted near Crux, n my cam is not at tat direction!
antares2063 wrote:Darthcryder: yup....hope its as clear
for saturday..(argh)
ya! me hope so too... anw confirmed gg area H later for a short fling, pack up no later than midnight.
PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Post by PETER LOO »

Yah, 18 Jun 2014 was a fine evening, hope this Saturday will be fine too, btw i set up my Cam just below the blown lamp post, u guys ?

ImageECP View 18 Jun 2014 by Astro shots & stuff, on Flickr
DarthCryder

Post by DarthCryder »

just checking did anyone visit those marked 5-points star locations?

the black star location, i guess it where most of u knew and gathered.
the pink star is where we went last wed, but we cant c MW as the pavement lights was abit too bright even though they were still far away.
the red star is like bedok jetty but without any lamppost, though the anglers there occasionally tossed their torchlight everywhere.
the purple, brown & yellow star, was oso good spot.

the green star location is where my "[using bare eyes]1st timer" friend ask me, "is that d milkyway? cos tat faint patch of cloud not moving..." and this is his 1st stacked shot, with some tree branches on d right. i helped my friend watermarked his name.
PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Post by PETER LOO »

Very nice Milky way shot Darth Cryder you guys did, can see M6, M7, M8, M17, M24 and many others. Eager to go there but from my computer screen & h.p. screen, i can only see 1 black stars, the rest not shown, may i know the GReen star location ? is it nearer to some landmark like Outward Bound @ East Coast or something ? Eager to go there and recee if weather is good, thanks :D , n.b. i went to Black star spot just before the drain closer to lamp post cos deeper in has quite a few romantic ppl, dun want to disturb them ..
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Post by antares2063 »

DarthCryder: the places u marked with coloured stars are inaccessible for those who dont drive...aha. also the planes kind of fly over the country club when coming in for landing, i joined mariner there once before at the twin jetties near the sailing centre..kinda distracting with the planes rumbling over .

For me the D1 coconut patch is ideal as i have to rely on public transport :) Anyway the session is on..will be there around 745pm onwards...fingers crossed for good weather.

Regards,
Junwei
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Post by antares2063 »

so far weather looking good! (932am)

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/dt/xml/asean.jpg
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
DarthCryder

Post by DarthCryder »

PETER LOO wrote:Very nice Milky way shot Darth Cryder you guys did, can see M6, M7, M8, M17, M24 and many others. Eager to go there but from my computer screen & h.p. screen, i can only see 1 black stars, the rest not shown, may i know the GReen star location ? is it nearer to some landmark like Outward Bound @ East Coast or something ? Eager to go there and recee if weather is good, thanks :D , n.b. i went to Black star spot just before the drain closer to lamp post cos deeper in has quite a few romantic ppl, dun want to disturb them ..
the green is near d national sailing centre. just sightly up, can c a few cars parking(maybe illegally).
mayb u save the pic n open with a viewer?
DarthCryder

Post by DarthCryder »

antares2063 wrote:DarthCryder: the places u marked with coloured stars are inaccessible for those who dont drive...aha. also the planes kind of fly over the country club when coming in for landing, i joined mariner there once before at the twin jetties near the sailing centre..kinda distracting with the planes rumbling over .

Regards,
Junwei
i oso rely on public transport which include taxi too, hahaha...
i hv recce between d 2 triangles which is 4.5km. the left triangle is d nearest bus stop looping from T2 to Orchard(service 36). distance from busstop to d red is 1.6km, 2 d blue is 2km & the pink is abt 800m which is abt d same distance from d black star to CHIJ busstop.
if i go weekend, normally i will be overnight.
do agree black star is good for its amenties nearby.
sly01

Post by sly01 »

What time will you be there?

Sorry I am new to this. Where do you guys get your weather forecast, or is there a source to check for cloudy/clear skies.

Thanks
Simon
DarthCryder

Post by DarthCryder »

antares2063 wrote:For me the D1 coconut patch is ideal as i have to rely on public transport :) Anyway the session is on..will be there around 745pm onwards...fingers crossed for good weather.

i shld be popping over the red/green star area & mostly probably overnight if sky condition permit.