The Hunt for Comet ISON @ ECP @1/11/2013

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
bornfree
Favourite scope: Still searching for "The Eye"

Re: The Hunt for Comet ISON @ ECP @1/11/2013

Post by bornfree »

the contrast on ur lomo is awesome. pitch black background with pinpoint stars.. clear contrast bringing out the best out Jupiter.. u wont be selling that lomo anytime soon right?
Born to be Free
cloud_cover
Favourite scope: 94.5", f/24 Ritchey-Chretien Reflector

Post by cloud_cover »

Nope :mryellow:
On the other hand, if I did, its only right that Antares has the right of first refusal :)
But as I said, its my only travel-able scope. Paired up with a light goto alt-az mount, its great for that role! I spent hours looking at 47 TUC when south of Melbourne a few years ago.
DON'T PANIC
Gary

Post by Gary »

bornfree wrote:@Gary, no fight. LOMO's optics were awesome!! junwei is still regretting letting go of the OTA.. after yesterday's encounter with the LOMO Mak Astele 133.5 i can say, i am holding off my Mak purchase until much later when i can star hop better.
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the newt was well collimated, the play in the focuser minimised and the comparative analysis were done at roughly the same magnifications with roughly the same grade of eyepieces. :)

You may consider attaching a powered finder on a MCT to help you manually find things easier with a wider fov while learning to star hop.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
bornfree
Favourite scope: Still searching for "The Eye"

Post by bornfree »

Gary wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the newt was well collimated, the play in the focuser minimised and the comparative analysis were done at roughly the same magnifications with roughly the same grade of eyepieces. :)

You may consider attaching a powered finder on a MCT to help you manually find things easier with a wider fov while learning to star hop.
collimation wasnt too bad. laser was pointing on the donut, not inside. but when returned it was into the centre of the collimator. we dont really have that much eyepieces. due to the sheer difference of the focal length, same eyepieces would produce different magnification.
Born to be Free