ECP overnight obb tonight?

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
starfinder

ECP overnight obb tonight?

Post by starfinder »

I'm thinking of overnighting at ECP carpark C4/D1 area tonight, from 7.30pm to 6am.
Would bring the 12.5" dob. Target Jupiter (8pm), Mars (11pm), Saturn (12am), and Venus (dawn). Plus globular clusters, planetary nebulae, etc. mostly after midnight.

It's New Moon period now. There's a snack/drinks shop and toilets nearby.

Anyone keen to join? I will probably go only if have at least 1 person to join me till 6am.
Then prata breakfast at Big Splash area.
Enterprise

Re: ECP overnight obb tonight?

Post by Enterprise »

Hi! Ill be at the MP astro area with some student volunteers. Probably not staying overnight though =(
PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Post by PETER LOO »

Hi, i might join you guys if weather is good 50/50, shooting M83 & Mars from 10.00 p.m. to at most 2.00 A.M. thanks
Astrosiao

Post by Astrosiao »

Gavin, I don't mind joining you if weather is clear

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
ggodetucsamoht

Post by ggodetucsamoht »

I was there with gary and ivan last night, had the same viewing objects as your plan. First light on my 12" meade lightbridge but the turn out was not as fantastic due to the poorer sky condition. Nevertheless saturn thru a 12" GSO mirror works pretty well on the cloudy sky and saturn still able to resolve its cassini. Mars was a disappointment. Bigger disc but orangy and gary had a hard time trying to get the details out. Anyway i am on a night duty and maybe after the job may pop by awhile to check it out the wonders of zambuto...
starfinder

Post by starfinder »

Hi, looks like still too cloudy, so won't go.

Btw, my Obsession 12.5" dob's mirror is the OMI that is the default mirror. IMHO, it's as good as any other mirror (not that I'm an expert on this). All I know is that the views thru it are excellent, esp planets and globular clusters, but as with all large mirrors the seeing must be good for it to give good views.