Eco Farm Kluang - 31 May to 2 Jun 2014 with VJC Astro Club

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Lee
Vendor

Eco Farm Kluang - 31 May to 2 Jun 2014 with VJC Astro Club

Post by Lee »

Had a short trip to Eco Organic Farm - Kluang(near Mersing) with the members of the VJC Astro Club.
Some photos here. Those VJC members here may want to contribute more photos especially the Milky Way Time Lapse,
Laser lights with constellation background, and poses of the different types.

VJC Astro Club

Site next to the main pond - early evening

Site near next to the main pond - late evening

Site near next to the main pond - night

Cresent Moon & Jupiter setting over the pond

Nikon 5100 with Jay's Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, ISO 3200, 45 sec

Sky Lantern

Floating Chalet

1st Day Dormitory for the Boys

Arowana in the pond
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Re: Eco Farm Kluang - 31 May to 2 Jun 2014 with VJC Astro Cl

Post by antares2063 »

3rd and 5th pic are very nice, thanks for sharing :)
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
Gary

Post by Gary »

Good job Mr Lee & VJC astro! [smilie=good-job.gif]

Base on photos alone, noticed the CATs were without dew shields. Any condensation issue throughout the nights?
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Gary wrote:Good job Mr Lee & VJC astro! [smilie=good-job.gif]

Base on photos alone, noticed the CATs were without dew shields. Any condensation issue throughout the nights?
Yes, plenty of dew coming in as early as 7pm!
Mist started after midnight intermittently before dawn.

Most of them used the $2 heat pads from Diaso.
Pretty effective.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Wee Kiong,
Have not heard from you in a while. Awesome that you are still actively promoting Astronomy especially since I was introduced to Singastro by you way back then! The participants seem to be having a good time. I do hope they will find this hobby fulfilling for life! [smilie=angel.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Airconvent wrote:Hi Wee Kiong,
Have not heard from you in a while. Awesome that you are still actively promoting Astronomy especially since I was introduced to Singastro by you way back then! The participants seem to be having a good time. I do hope they will find this hobby fulfilling for life! [smilie=angel.gif]
How's your cataract eyes ? You did one or both ? I did 1 eye almost 2 years back and its as good as new [smilie=admire2.gif]
Have not been to Mersing many years, so took this opportunity to tag along with VJC Astro. Probably more in future.
Most of the club members were enjoying themselves, experimenting the Night Sky with only DSLR & compact Mirrorless cameras
and having fruitful results. Many saw the ISS and several transits of satellites.
One of the highlight must be lighting of the Heavenly Sky Lanterns, at least 20 were sent towards the sky.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Lee wrote: How's your cataract eyes ? You did one or both ? I did 1 eye almost 2 years back and its as good as new [smilie=admire2.gif]
Have not been to Mersing many years, so took this opportunity to tag along with VJC Astro. Probably more in future.
Most of the club members were enjoying themselves, experimenting the Night Sky with only DSLR & compact Mirrorless cameras
and having fruitful results. Many saw the ISS and several transits of satellites.
One of the highlight must be lighting of the Heavenly Sky Lanterns, at least 20 were sent towards the sky.
Hi Wee Kiong
The eye is deteriorating again. It was not perfect after the ops as the doctor forgot to compensate for astigmatism.
Should have gone for multi-focal then but was advised if I want quality image through a telescope, use a fixed focal length lens to avoid disortions. oh well.
BTW, my kid went to the sane farm too. It's run by a Singaporean. The lake is man-made! We also let go those lanterns at night too! Once the lights are out, the skies are very dark and if there are no clouds, it would have been awesome. I heard alot of Singapore schools go there for adventure camp. :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets