Saturn pairs off with Venus on 31 Aug 04

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Saturn pairs off with Venus on 31 Aug 04

Post by Airconvent »

I'm sure many of you veteran astro-imagers have taken a moon-venus or moon-mars pair. For these pics, the moon had to be over-exposed to bring out venus/mars.

Here's another upcoming pair that has a much lesser difference in brightness and ought to be able to be capture complete with rings and all?
From 28 Aug - 4 Sep, Saturn and Venus will appear to paired together...

Catch ? its in the morning and of course, you need clear sky...yawn.... :?

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/040827_ ... aturn.html

anyone care to image this and post it here? I'm curious to see how it turns out since Venus would presumably be still quite bright as compared with Saturn.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
wucheeyiun

Union of the King and Bride

Post by wucheeyiun »

Is there a possibility of a biblical implication with regards to the return of the jesus(saturn or ring covenant) to the bride(venus or the church) during this event?
Has the clock has been set for the beginning of The end of days?
Days of the King is coming.... :D
MCYM

Post by MCYM »

Is there a possibility of a biblical implication with regards to the return of the jesus(saturn or ring covenant) to the bride(venus or the church) during this event?
Has the clock has been set for the beginning of The end of days?
Days of the King is coming....
Since when have this became Astrology forum?

Matthew
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I agree with Matthew. Please refrain from discussing Astrology/Religion here.

Rich
wucheeyiun

I am not good in Astrology,

Post by wucheeyiun »

I am not good in astrology which i meant not to post. What i post is of call the study Escatology, which is neither the study of any form of religion. More to do with the relation with the Creator God. Sorry, did not meant to be offensive in what i post. End Of Thread. :(
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

aiyo, dun be too harsh la. later scare away first timers. anyway, they say man are from mars, women are from venus, tell me when mar and venus pair off.

~MooEy~
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Shot of Saturn, at 625am on 130904
Celestron C102
2 " scopetronix barlow
2" antares enhanced diagonal
D70 speed 1/10 sec
single shot (raw), unstacked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

wucheeyiun wrote:Shot of Saturn, at 625am on 130904
Celestron C102
2 " scopetronix barlow
2" antares enhanced diagonal
D70 speed 1/10 sec
single shot (raw), unstacked
hi cheeyiun,
image looked a little too dark and grainy for an output from a D70.
You may want to increase the exposure time slightly and maybe do some fine focussing. the trick is to see the camera at max optical+digital zoom, focus it, then revert back to optical zoom only.

rich
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
You may want to increase the exposure time slightly and maybe do some fine focussing. the trick is to see the camera at max optical+digital zoom, focus it, then revert back to optical zoom only.
He is using Nikon D70 right... so didn't have optical or digital zoom right, since it is a SLR camera.

Anyway, are you using prime focus?? May be you should not put the diagonal in... the weight of your camera will put a lot of stress on the focuser if you mount your camera on the diagonal.

Also, what ISO did you use?? May be you should also increase the ISO setting a bit if you unable to use longer exposure due to no motor drive on your mount. If you don't have a motor drive, use a higher ISO and a shorter exposure, so that you don't require to track.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Hi WeiXing
You are right about the D70, I am using the 2" 2x barlow on the focusing tube with antares 2" diagonal to get a 3x on my slr. the image is really small, i use nikon capture to enhance image. after many tries and unstack shot, this is the sharpest i can achieve. the ISO is set to 1600.
:D