Comet Lovejoy Party + Equip Festival 2015!!! [10 Jan 2015]

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
rlow

Re: Comet Lovejoy Party + Equip Festival 2015!!! [10 Jan 201

Post by rlow »

Sorry for those scopes and owners which I didn't manage to take a photograph. As you know, the 22-incher had a really long queue for three hours from 7:45pm to 11:45pm, which kept me very busy. I did an informal survey among the observers and 90% of them were able to see colour in M42 Orion Nebula. Most of them saw green or greenish blue. About 10% of these people were also able to see the reddish portion in addition to the green. I managed to see both the greenish and pinkish-reddish portion of Orion Nebula. Those who did not see colour beyond the monochrome white and grey were the older folks.
Richard Low
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Post by kochu »

Nice photos and well covered.
Kochu
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Cool photos Richard...like attendance taking! haha.
And yes, your business is the best that night. But I never had the chance to glance through it at all... [smilie=depressed.gif]. The views of the comet and M42 must have been awesome!

BTW, if you charge 50 cents per view, maybe you will be able to buy a 25 incher :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
mrthomasyip
Favourite scope: 12" london bridge

Post by mrthomasyip »

Thanks richard for taking and posting the images here...really appreciate alot. No doubts there was long queue at the 22" station i am sure quite a number of us, the scope owners wasn't able to see thru the gigantic mirror...how about a private session again?
The Belief of Thomasology.