Venus and Mercury Pairing

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Venus and Mercury Pairing

Post by Airconvent »

After the Comet Lovejoy Fest, I was rejuvenated somewhat..haha.

Looked up at the evening sky today and saw Venus and Mercury together! This was the second time I caught Mercury in Singapore. Rushed home to set up my Meade Mak 105mm and brought it up to 10th storey to take a peek at them.

Pushed the magnification to x600+ but of course, it was a futile attempt. Both showed up as gibbous (as far as I can see as there was too much colours from looking at a bright object near the horizon).

Brought a camera along but realised that it installed with a 16mm lens, so took wide angle shot and cropped it afterwards :)

The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
looyaa

Re: Venus and Mercury Pairing

Post by looyaa »

Yesterday evening sky was quite clear. Venus was easy to spot as it was very bright. It took me some time for my eyes to sight the dim Mercury.

I also managed to shoot the conjunction yesterday too! :D
Shot at 50mm, cropped. 10s exposure (using O-GPS1)

Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Venus and Mercury Pairing

Post by Airconvent »

Yup..that them alright! They should be in the gibbous state now but not able to resolve the exact shape due to turbulence...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets