EQUIPMENT FESTIVAL 2015 (29TH NOVEMBER SUNDAY)!!!

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Re: EQUIPMENT FESTIVAL 2015 (29TH NOVEMBER SUNDAY)!!!

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Kindly add me in for EF2015. Must register for it! [smilie=crying2.gif]
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
thlightbrigade

Post by thlightbrigade »

Hey, I think I'll be there! Would love to... I dunno ask questions and see if I can get any good deals for a newbie telescope or something!!! pls b friendly 2 me hehe see you guys!
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

yes, welcome! whether u are newbie or veteran....make new friends, catch up with old ones, it will be a fun and good time for all!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Have added a cautionary update note on the original post. Basically, the main purpose of EF2015 is (technically) to facilitate socializing of the local astronomy community and showcase of astronomy equipment, and not really for sales transactions, since this is a residential premises after all. Therefore, there should be no obvious cash transactions on premise, if you have to do it, please do it discreetly, or outside of the premises (or ibanking, atm transfer, any other means of transacting, etc).

In short:

A note to sellers: Therefore you may bring your items for the purpose of selling, but please do not put any VISIBLE PRICE TAGS.

A note to buyers: Please transact with the sellers discreetly.
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Remus,
I was just reminded that I have an appointment which was planned way earlier that will last till at least 2pm on Sunday. That means I will miss the event! [smilie=crying3.gif]
Is there a Part 2 after that, eg an obs session in the evening? Please do take more photos of the event for those who can't attend..
Have fun guys (and ladies)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

I will display the following items. If you are interested, please contact me directly:

1. Vixen VC200L: Mint - used less than 3 times. Kept in dry box since day 1. Clean - no fungus. Bonus: Vixen 7x50 finderscope. Ask: $1,200.

2. WO Zenithstar 80 FD APO (Red 10th Anniversary version): Mint - used less than 5 times. Always kept in dry box. Clean - no fungus. Serial number: 059999. Check this thread for the price I bought originally: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2694&start=10. Ask: $700

3. Meade 6" ACS LS: Some dust - kept indoors but not in dry box. Expect fungus - needs cleaning. Used less than 5 times. Able to power up but needs firmware upgrade to operate. With supplied tripod. No cables, no power supply. As is. Ask: $900.

4. Celestron Nexstar 8i w/ Ray's Bracket: Well used. Have not tested for >1 year. Needs cleaning (fungus) - kept indoors but not in dry box. With supplied tripod. No cables, power supply. As is. Ask: $500. (Reserved!)

5. Astroscan 2001: Some dust and fungus - kept indoors but not in dry box. Ask: $200.
Last edited by Tachyon on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Mibmom
Favourite scope: Celestron Nexstar 6SE

Post by Mibmom »

Please add me in. Thanks.
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
~ Serenity
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Tachyon, a pity you did not keep your stuff in dry boxes but $500 is a bargain for a Nexstar 8 as long as you know how to disassemble and clean the optics. :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
coolcat

Post by coolcat »

I will attend! It's been years. :mryellow:
see you under the stars...
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Post by antares2063 »

I can volunteer to help the buyer to clean and realign the Nexstar 8 SCT..done a few in my time... :mryellow:

regards
Junwei
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight