Messier Marathon Competition & Solar Eclipse Viewing 2016

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
clarenceseesstars

Messier Marathon Competition & Solar Eclipse Viewing 2016

Post by clarenceseesstars »

Hi everyone!

Just a short introduction about myself: I'm Clarence Liu from the NUS Astronomical Soceity.

On behalf of the organising committee, I would like to extend the invitation to everyone here at SingAstro to join us for probably the largest local solar eclipse viewing event. We will be expected thousands from the members of public and media to come down to NUS to observe the solar eclipse event.

The Messier Marathon would provide you with the opportunity to practice your telescope handling skills and also to allow exchange of learning between astronomers in the community.

The event will take place at the NUS Soccer Field, with the Messier Marathon starting off at about 6.30pm on 8th March. Solar Eclipse Viewing will happen from 7.15am, 9th March onwards at the same location. All are welcome to participate in the event.

You may find more information here: http://www.nusas.org/portal2/solar-eclipse-2016-nus/ or on our Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/155386038165396/

We do sincerely hope that you can be present for this astronomical event. Should you have any queries, do feel free to email us @ nusastro@gmail.com or PM me or leave us a message on the event page wall.

Clear Skies!

Thanks and Regards
Clarence Liu
NUS Astronomical Society
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars, but in us for we are underlings." - Julius Caesar
clarenceseesstars

Re: Messier Marathon Competition & Solar Eclipse Viewing 201

Post by clarenceseesstars »

Up for it's 3 weeks away!

If you do not wish to compete, you may also join us for the viewing!
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars, but in us for we are underlings." - Julius Caesar