Planetary Alignment Observation @ ECP

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
RomeoJuliet

Planetary Alignment Observation @ ECP

Post by RomeoJuliet »

Hey guys!

I wanna pick up astronomy as a hobby and read that we can observe the planetary alignment in the next couple of weeks. Sadly i have yet to invest in any equipment and i was wondering if anyone was heading down to ECP tomorrow morning to catch a glimpse? If you are, could i tag along? Or does anyone wish to join me? I can drive too so i'd more than willing to pick you up/drop you off! Cheers guys! Glad to be part of the setup here! Hope to see you all soon!!

Regards,
RJ
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Planetary Alignment Observation @ ECP

Post by Airconvent »

Hi
Welcome to Singastro!
Actually it's not a couple of weeks, I think as Mercury and Venus move on fairly quickly. in any case, those planets are all naked eye objects, so you don't need to join a group or use equipment to see them. To find them, use the free Google Sky Map on your Android phone. Your enemy is actually clouds which are plentiful in Singapore! Good luck! :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Post by antares2063 »

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/gms/largec.html ... 1601220030

you can use this to check Cloud image satellite data. If it (the cloud) big enough to be seen from space, its bigger than Singapore.

Regards
Junwei
Last edited by antares2063 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
geyes30

Post by geyes30 »

Because the planets are really far apart, ideally you want to do naked eye observation, or image with a wide angle lens on a camera. Telescopes will do you no good for the alignment. If you just want to look at the planets, you can see some of them just about every day.