!!Dark Site!!

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
aquacocoa85

Post by aquacocoa85 »

is it near the cemetries therE? or near the makeshift runways? or near the chicken farms??
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

There is no way you can enter.....unless...... Thats all :)
(near cemetries area )
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

johnteh wrote:There is no way you can enter.....unless...... Thats all :)
(near cemetries area )
dun be so secretive can? You know these people will be bringing thousands of dollars of stuff....when you are so secretive, who dare to go?

If you want to share, just reveal the place.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

johnteh wrote:It's on top of a Hill. Somewhere around Tengeh Airbase
Hi John,

If it is the cemetery, it is OK. Do make sure it is not too near Tengah Air Base. They do have patrols around. With the increased security and terrorist threat, walking around with tripods and scopes resembling surface-to-air missiles can get you into trouble. Even a simple pair of binos may make you seem like terrorists scouting the airbase.

This is not a joke. Security is tight. I know because I am working just beside Paya Lebar Air Base.

Kay Heem
Kamikazer

Post by Kamikazer »

how about moe camp at jalan behtera? (at lim chu kang)
i think the lights there can be switched off...accompanied with a field.
the whole field is unlit. the only light pollution is probably from the main building. (which means we at least 135 degrees unlit)

that is if i remember correctly...(its been more than a year and my memory may fail me)

there is a forest nearby but i doubt its feasible as i dont think there is any proper flat ground. (i could see many stars from there despite having a street lamp by my side)
K.L. Lee
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

VinSnr wrote:
johnteh wrote:There is no way you can enter.....unless...... Thats all :)
(near cemetries area )
dun be so secretive can? You know these people will be bringing thousands of dollars of stuff....when you are so secretive, who dare to go?

If you want to share, just reveal the place.
>>I guess the east area is the best for viewing. It's my work site. If you guys want to go we can arrange. As for west side i work there for four years and i know the area well just take it as i'm secretive
and i guess i don't wish to share anymore :roll:
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

>>I guess the east area is the best for viewing. It's my work site. If you guys want to go we can arrange. As for west side i work there for four years and i know the area well just take it as i'm secretive
and i guess i don't wish to share anymore :roll:
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

i think singastro members also don't want to risk their lives to enter such places. :roll: :roll:
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

Anyway tonite i'm going to the west side to pick some durian for COA if any of you guys want to join me massage me. ( I don't think you will risk your lives there<<>>i got more then enough Thai worker.
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

kayheem
Hi John,

If it is the cemetery, it is OK. Do make sure it is not too near Tengah Air Base. They do have patrols around. With the increased security and terrorist threat, walking around with tripods and scopes resembling surface-to-air missiles can get you into trouble. Even a simple pair of binos may make you seem like terrorists scouting the airbase.
HAHA! :o I have already given up on singapore skies. Someone go and give me some new hope!
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers