Multi-storey car parks and roof tops!

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

whoa that's eeeviiiiill aqua... but i like this plan ;) gives singastro a permanent place to observations! lol...
aquacocoa85

Post by aquacocoa85 »

Eh wat evil? This is gd idea okay! Now that we have the chance to do so, better lock it up ourselves! wait later let ppl lock, then we can only sit there and stare at the door in regret!

Aq85-trying not to look so evil!
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

can u tell me where the bike trail? i don't understand the description written in charlie's website
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The enterance to Tampines Mountain Biking Trail is oppsite the Sun Plaza Park along the road side of Tampines Ave 9.... It is a large area and I think will be very, very dark at night and I don't recommend anyone to go there alone.... :P
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

weixing, tat place.. bring a few torchlight lo... light that place up whenever u r around AND NOT OBSERVING STARS.. hehe :P

why not we all combine money and buy a dome??? hehe.. just a thought, just a thought..
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Multi-storey car parks and roof tops!

Post by Airconvent »

aquacocoa85 wrote:Hey people,

Kinda occured to me that top levels of multi-storey car parks make pretty good observation sites. Although some may be gently lighted, nice concrete floor makes it rather pleasant. The other place that i thought seemed quite good was rooftop access to buildings. Trying to get some on my condo so that i can go up there and take a look but even from the staircase well, at 10 floors, the views are rather stunning. Any one has comments on these two places? Just thought that these two places are rather accessible so makes viewing more convenient. I'm just a beginner so my judgement may be wrong. :wink:

Any Comments?

Aq85
Hi,
When I'm not at Dempsey or SP, I normally observe alone at my multistorey car park roof top. Its convenient, clean, no mosquitoes and solid ground. No one parks there. Only disadvantage is I am surrounded by buildings , so can only see about 50-60 deg above horizon!
I did a survey and found one or 2 car parks with clear east view but unfortunately, instead of normal street lights, they have low positioned lights instead which is very glaring at ground level.
Else a car park is a good place to observe. drivers can actually drive all the way up !
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets