any nice viewing area in the western area???

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Cosmo

any nice viewing area in the western area???

Post by Cosmo »

i stay in the west side and have no private transport....wondering is there any nice place for viewing the night sky here???
Sam Lee

SP Astronomers

Post by Sam Lee »

When the exams are over, you can try the Stadium in Singapore Polytechnic. We usually observe there on Fridays which are our active days. You may want to leave a contact so that we can contact you if there's any observation.

Regards,
Sam Lee

--------------------------------------
Due to the moderations in subspace quantification, the hyperspace ferium connector component has unaligned itself!

Translation: I've found a loose screw.

--> I'm a Star Trekker! :>
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

Yes! there's alot of place you can have a nice view.
Perhaps next time i can contact you and join me.
As for transport i'm also staying around west area so you can meet me some where near MRT.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: SP Astronomers

Post by Airconvent »

Sam Lee wrote:When the exams are over, you can try the Stadium in Singapore Polytechnic. We usually observe there on Fridays which are our active days. You may want to leave a contact so that we can contact you if there's any observation.

Regards,
Sam Lee
Hi Sam,
Finally see you in here! Any plans for the Leonid showers in SP? It has been quite some time since Poly organised a session for "outsiders"...are you still in the midst of exams? If so, then never mind. Can always meet up after the exams.

rich

ps if you are a trekker, join this singapore group -->
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starfleet-Q3/
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
dew

Post by dew »

hey yeah i'm looking for a good, safe place in the west to observe too..
umm, johnteh i remember you made a post on some special dark sky areas? one in the east and one in the west right? so wheres this special place?
thanks!

eu-wen
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

Well, we have alot of choice because it's near lim chu kang.
The place there have alot of dark site which is very near Malaysia too as for location i'm not sure what is the name for it.
If you ( DEW ) are interested we can also ask along COSMO and we meet up at Jurong Point MRT because i found that it's not easy to find singastro member staying around west site to go for a watch.
:)
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

johnteh wrote:Well, we have alot of choice because it's near lim chu kang.
The place there have alot of dark site which is very near Malaysia too as for location i'm not sure what is the name for it.
If you ( DEW ) are interested we can also ask along COSMO and we meet up at Jurong Point MRT because i found that it's not easy to find singastro member staying around west site to go for a watch.
HI John,
How about scanning the maps and uploading it here for us to see where those places you recommended are?
Thanks!

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Cosmo

Post by Cosmo »

that will be great!~
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

johnteh is our dark sky tour guide =p . thx ^.^
Cosmo

Post by Cosmo »

Well, we have alot of choice because it's near lim chu kang.
tts great...but i dun haf any equipment....yet....planning to get a low buget bino somewhere nx mth......