CSN Activated : Observation Tonight at Dempsey

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

CSN Activated : Observation Tonight at Dempsey

Post by Airconvent »

Hi,
Message from Wira and CC, CSN has been activated!
They will be there from 10pm to wait for Saturn. If sky holds, Wira will stay beyond 3am. Do drop by Dempsey if you are interested...
If not can also meet up to talk shop about astronomy..

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Aiyo...Rich, I only wrote I may be going down... not confirmed yet pending the weather... Will send out SMS to those on the activation list if weather is good. :)
Devilname

Post by Devilname »

Seems like the good clear skys will not last long, might be clear only until like 3 plus before the clouds cover the sky based on the satellite images...
Predict the skys! :wink:
..Animated recent 15-hour satellite images..
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~reality7/b.html
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

Saw Saturn at around 12.10am and Orion Nebula.
It's a night of sky free of clouds :)
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

yup...sky was quite clear with the occasional moving cloud.
you can see M42 naked eye as well as count all 7 naked eye stars in M45.
The glare from the moon was a pain and we barely made out M32 on my binos.
As I had to pop by and support my colleague (Siew Guat) in the Subaru challenge, I left at 2.30am. But once the moon dips very low at around 3.30am, the sky improved alot, so I guess only Matthew made full use of it as by then, David, Wira and Mooey had left dempsey. I hope matt managed to capture jupiter on the rise as well....

I did not bring my goto but my etx90ra, so it was a lost night again....will have to bring it along next time! had hoped people like chris yeo would turn up to check out the etx90..though...but turn out is as expected as its a weekday and in the midst of exams...had expected vincent snr to turn up too....sigh...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
David Lian

Wonderful nite for mel

Post by David Lian »

Yup!I was there.Tucked in the kids and sneaked out at 11.15pm.Wife working graveyard shift hence it's my liberty time.Luckily my new hobby is star gazing and not other.
Sky was clear at Dempsey.Most of constellation was visible to nude eyes. I managed to identify the "Pegasus" square and Cassiopeia/Andromeda .Sorry to bore any expert as I am still wearing "L"plate. "very Green!"
Hope the sky is as good this weekend. I will be back!
Regards
David Lian
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Talking about the nice skies we've been bestowed this few days, anyone has been to the Sentosa reclaimed land there for a look? The place where they are gonna built some "high-class" residential blocks.. Could be a nice spot, anyone wanna check it out?

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

There is a bare, clean batch of land along Tanjung Beach just after the Dolphin Lagoon which gives a good view of reasonably dark south and south-eastern skies.
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

hmm.. i'm just back from sentosa's ntuc resort. the skies there were good. although i wasn't allowed to go to the beach area, orion, gemini and canis major were all clearly visible !