Perseid ob at East Coast tonight 12th Aug

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

Can you share how you did the capturing from Watec 120N?
Wee Nghee the Pooh
ykchia

Post by ykchia »

Hi arief and Ng

a) thnx
b) i am using the old watec 902H (non integrating camera and lens). Video out to a pc running a motion detection sofware..

Hopefully i get the materials revised and hv a place to present my video thingie in Sep.
rgds
yk
Lily

Post by Lily »

Hopefully i get the materials revised and hv a place to present my video thingie in Sep.
Hello YK, please tell us when your lecture will be.
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

sept.. whats on on sept?

er. ive a dumb question to ask: remember that a couple days or weeks back, the news was reporting about some ferries around the cbd(?) area are like.. renting their ferries out to go to the sea to watch fireworks, do you think they will do the same for a mere event like watching meteor showers and whatnots? sides, the skys clearly darker while out at sea
XP

~gin
ykchia

Post by ykchia »

Hi folks:

I try to shoot for Sept 08 - a Friday on school holiday. So any lubang on lecture room pls email me private chiayk1@singnet.com.sg other dates ok - just let me know.

Its just arbitrary i chose Sept - nothing magic so i have time for materials refresh and update etc - there is no need to coincide with any actual events. I was thinking if your school/poly etc had such interest and hve enough ppl attending.. i will pop in do the song and dance that simple..

If no facility available in that period may be we will revisit next opportunity then.

rgds
yk
azri

Post by azri »

Hello everybody, here goes my first post (joined singastro just to share my frustation with the Perseids):

Here in Brunei, me and a couple of friends went out to Serasa Beach around 9 pm to catch the Perseids. We have been experiencing gale force winds and heavy rain for the past week and were optimistic when we saw a semi clear sky showing Scorpius, Sagittarius and other southern constellations. But by midnight we were bitterly disappointed when the sky turned into a combination of cloudy and hazy muck.

We can't even see the moon at all! By 1:45 am the sky cleared a bit to show the moon and some stars, but the haze was still there. I could see Deneb (Mag +1). Just as I was setting up my camera, a meteor streaked across the nothern sky, must have been at least magnitude -2 to have pierced the haze! And that was it! The sky deteriorated further and I didn't catch anymore, I waited for an hour, got tired and went home. All in all, I only saw one meteor, a friend saw 1, and another friend saw 2. Altogether 4! Pfft! So much for the 2006 Perseids!

Oh well.... :| better luck next time...