Trial run: Toa Payoh Observation Group now (re)open!

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

wow zong. i admire ur determination to ob !

hmmm.. very suay to have 4 futile weeks. maybe u shld have taken 1 digit every week and buy 4d :)

cheers.
Lily

Post by Lily »

zong wrote:I give up. Went out around 755pm. It's drizzling, a drop hits my head every few seconds. I'd rather not take the risk of it becoming a rain, so i cancel today's ob session...
Was on my way when you told me it's cancelled, a bit disappointed. The sky hasn't been very good lately ...

Lily
eboo

Post by eboo »

wah long time never visit forum, glad to see the toa payoh zong ob sessions coming back.

hope tonight got.

but then the skies are so hazy/cloudy nowadays...
astrobabe

Post by astrobabe »

Stared hard at the sky last night and couldn't see any bling-blings. :( No thanks to the fires in South Sumatra, air quality's quite bad too. Can smell the ash in the air...
...clouds, please go away, let me see the stars today...
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hey Lily, don't be disappointed! I'll try again next week! As the laws of statistics go, the sky can't be bad every saturday! haha..

Wenyi, i remember you joining me and Samuel 2 years ago in the obs.. Why don't you join us too this saturday! Eboo, i either haven't seen you or can't associate your name and your face and your nick ^^;; Come on too! The more the merrier, and hope we have the "newcomer luck" like the Mersing newcomer luck for better skies!

This thread a bit outdated, i think this is no longer a trial run. I'll be posting about the ob session next saturday in a new thread.
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

haha. i remember the venus transit back in 2004. was pretty fun that time. toa payoh is way too far from my house. haha. next time when my a lvls are over. =D