Watch out for the ISS and the space shuttle!

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
tws

Post by tws »

No need to wait till next year. Tomorrow and the next day also have, but according to the website, tomorrow will be very low to the west.
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

acc wrote:BTW, the next favourable pass will be on 14 Sep starting at 19:17:24. Mag -0.7. Direction and altitude is similar to today's. Enjoy!
the next bright one will be as quoted above

it would be good to register at www.heavens-above.com to find out about the main highlights of the week
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Oh, did anyone notice that Jupiter was esp bright because it was in close conjunction with alpha libra?
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

chrisyeo wrote:Oh, did anyone notice that Jupiter was esp bright because it was in close conjunction with alpha libra?
No wonder it was so luminous :)

Is there really going to be another ISS pass tonight? Is it going to as bright? My, it moves so fast :)
jennifer1611991

OH MY!! I checked the heavens-above website and it said we will be able to see it on several more nights!! As bright as -0.4!! FANTASTIC!!! :)
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Although passes tend to occur in batches, yesterday's pass was the best of them.

The things that you will have to note will be the maximum altitude and the time. A low max. alt. means that it will not be as high and will appear and dissapear much quicker. If the time is too early in the evening or late in the morning, it means that the sky will be bright.

Last night's pass was therefore rare - late and high, with good weather - even rarer, and with the space shuttle docked with ISS, even rarer still.

Jennifer, let us know if you catch it again in the next few days!

Cheers,
Chris
jennifer1611991

chrisyeo wrote:Although passes tend to occur in batches, yesterday's pass was the best of them.

The things that you will have to note will be the maximum altitude and the time. A low max. alt. means that it will not be as high and will appear and dissapear much quicker. If the time is too early in the evening or late in the morning, it means that the sky will be bright.

Last night's pass was therefore rare - late and high, with good weather - even rarer, and with the space shuttle docked with ISS, even rarer still.

Jennifer, let us know if you catch it again in the next few days!

Cheers,
Chris
I see... Well I guess I should have asked around before i announced it on the bulletin boards on friendster :) I'll be sure to check in if i do see it!!! :)
rlow

Post by rlow »

I have brought my C5+ and panhead mount to our office near Outram MRT. Roma_my and I will be observing tonight at 7.15pm from the office rooftop! We hope to see the space shuttle / space station profile in the evening twilight! All are welcome to join us!
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

I brought my C5, 50mm correct image finder and Pan 35 eyepiece. I will be observing at the open space beside Redhill MRT. Hope got good weather...seems like thunderstorms now.
AstroDuck
rlow

Post by rlow »

I brought my C5, 50mm correct image finder and Pan 35 eyepiece. I will be observing at the open space beside Redhill MRT. Hope got good weather...seems like thunderstorms now.
Yang Beng, how about joining us? I have a 40XL, erect-image diagonal and Quikfinder.