Mersing Trip 23th Sep. 2006 Registration (Clouded out...)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Oh yes, the "Steves" may like to know that we will be testing out the following:

1. Big Easy (Clement) vs Denk II
2. 25mm Erfle pair (Clement) vs 25mm TV Plossl pair
3. 20mm WO Wide Angle pair (Ian) vs Pentax XW (Ian) pair
4. 19mm Antares W70 Wide Angle pair (Chee Chien) vs 18mm UO Ortho (Weixing) pair

Thanks to those people (in brackets) for the loan of their equipment for this testing.
Last edited by rlow on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Jiahao, my 35mm ultrascopic is currently loaned out last night pending sale, so it will not be available. You can try to borrow from other Singastro members.
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

wah, so much equipment to test ar. wonder if it will bring in the bad weather.

~MooEy~
rlow

Post by rlow »

wah, so much equipment to test ar. wonder if it will bring in the bad weather.
Choi...! Touch wood! (whack on Moo's head) :lol:
rlow

Post by rlow »

Jiahao, you may like to note that using a dewshield alone is not enough for the corrector plates of SCTs and MCTs at Mersing, as the dew can be rather heavy and quite fast. You need at least a dew heater for your scope to last the whole night.
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

...i don't expect it to last the whole night, now cannot afford a dew heater and batteries... anyway we have other scopes to look through, so not a problem la~~~
Clear skies please...
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

hi , could either jiahao or richard provide the finalised meeting place and time ? thanks
rlow

Post by rlow »

From your detailed observation list, I had thought that you intended to search out those faint fuzzies for the whole night! :)
rlow

Post by rlow »

hi , could either jiahao or richard provide the finalised meeting place and time ? thanks
No change. The venue is Kranji MRT Taxi Stand, time is 2pm sharp.
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

rlow wrote:From your detailed observation list, I had thought that you intended to search out those faint fuzzies for the whole night! :)
That list is more of a review of what I have seen through my 3" refractor. It's been more than a year that I haven't done any DSO observations so have forgotten the positions of most objects... Just the time to pull out the memories out of my head :mrgreen: