Toa Payoh Observation Group Skywatching

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Toa Payoh Observation Group Skywatching

Post by zong »

Hi all, the next ob session will be this saturday 7 Oct, 8-10pm. Will extend if the sky is good, will not cancel unless there is rain or totally overcast clouds. As long as 1 star can be seen, i will be out there..

Hope that this week, i can get a chance to try seeing the Coathanger cluster, and orion area. Do join me with your scopes if you can!
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
Lily

Post by Lily »

Hi all, the next ob session will be this saturday 7 Oct, 8-10pm.
Hi Zong, wish the haze goes away by tomorrow else we won't be able to see anything!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

don't forget to ask the "Resident" Samuel Ng along!
Hope to join you if the sessions are later at night but for now, with my injured foot, mobility is an issue until my "ops status" is back to condition 1! :lol:

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
zong
Administrator

Post by zong »

Okay, thanks richard for your support. If you really can't come, please rest at home, don't further aggravate the condition..

PSI showed 130 about 10 minutes ago.. 130!!! How to see anything??

I'm just going to try anyway.. But don't put too much hope. I wish the clouds (M0 type 1) would at least go away so we only have M0 (type 2) aka haze to deal with.
zong
Administrator

Post by zong »

Cancelled. I reached the park and couldn't even see the MOON.

This haze is irritating the heck out of me.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Ian and I turned up at Toa Payoh at 9pm, then we observe the Moon thru his 10" newt with the Denk II binoviewer and a pair of 25mm plossls. We could see the whole Moon using 1.8x on the Powerswitch. Zong joined us too!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The haze was very thick in Tampines yesterday night... I think visibility was around 500m and the sky was basically orange in colour... very unhealthy to go out under such condition. So, quite surprise that you guys still went out to see the Moon.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
rlow

Post by rlow »

We have a 'natural' moon filter, which makes it very healthy on the eyes for viewing with a 10" scope. :)
zong
Administrator

Post by zong »

But yesterday's moon ob was only for a short while. Hope the haze and the clouds don't play with me anymore..

Next saturday, 14Oct, 8-10pm, Toa Payoh Park.

Ian, if the sky is good i think there should be a few people coming, if you're bringing your 10" again, you might want to stop just outside the park for awhile, let us unload your scope, then you park your car and come back. That's the best solution i have for big scopes going into the park..
zong
Administrator

Post by zong »

Please wait everyone, don't step outta house yet for my ob. I'm waiting for 8pm PSI reading. If it is less than 100 then i'll go, if not i'll be cancelling my ob for the 3rd time in a row... :( Will update this post again.