Orionids observation 21st Oct East Coast

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
tyco

Post by tyco »

Republic Polytechnic will be there

Date: 21st - 22nd October 2006
Time: 7pm - 9am
Venue: East Coast (near carpark C4 and D1)
Thank You,
Alvin Arvind Jaya Raj
Vice-President Republic Polytechnic Astronomy Club
Lily

Post by Lily »

Date: 21 October 2006, Saturday
Time: From 8pm till 6am the next morning
I will probably sneak out at around 1am - 2am if the haze is not too bad. Have to pre-arrange with my babysitter and get approval first ....

Zong/Chris, since you will be onsite I will check with you on the visibility & haze condition first if you don't mind. I know this is not the spirit of SingAstronians but I really don't have the luxury of staying out all night.

Lily
klutz

Post by klutz »

Same as Lily, I do not have the luxury to stay out all night... I'll prolly buzz Chris or Zong if I can get my Nite-Out Permit approved. :wink:
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
Lily

Post by Lily »

Same as Lily, I do not have the luxury to stay out all night... I'll prolly buzz Chris or Zong if I can get my Nite-Out Permit approved.
Haha, I thought I am the only uninteresting wife in this forum eversince the haze attack. Looks like I am not alone! It's absolutely normal for an uninteresting wife to sneak out once in a while :twisted: !

All the best in getting your nite-out permit. I will try hard to get mine too.

Lily
rlow

Post by rlow »

Originally I had wanted to join in this Orionids @ East Coast event, but now I just confirmed another programme on this Sat/Sun. I do hope the sky is clear this Sat, but anyway guys, have fun! :)
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hi Lily,
Lily wrote:Zong/Chris, since you will be onsite I will check with you on the visibility & haze condition first if you don't mind. I know this is not the spirit of SingAstronians but I really don't have the luxury of staying out all night.
There isn't such a thing as spirit of Singastronians when it concerns asking about weather conditions before going out for obs. All of us have some other work to do, this is purely an interest that we seek (albeit more aggressively than some other interests), and so it is normal to ask about the sky conditions before coming out. What more you have kids.. Don't worry just call me on that night if you can come (provided i don't fall asleep lol!!)
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
Lily

Post by Lily »

Don't worry just call me on that night if you can come (provided i don't fall asleep lol!!)
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

wooot. and the day comes. seems ok to me..
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Wasn't very okay afterall. And the problem was, it wasn't the haze, but the clouds!!! Total cloud cover all the way. I gave up and went home at around 245am with Chris.

And so concluded a meteor shower. I hope leonids wouldn't be so bad, i'll try again. My total sightings of meteors in my so many years of astronomy so far is still less than 20... lol.
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

lol. how about me? less than 5! =D