what about the lunar eclipse?

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

I decided to choose my beauty sleep over lunar eclipse. My previous experience was less than exhilarating, and I know there will be pictures available on the web soon after... so I enjoyed a restful night in my bed... :P
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

Ai yah! Cannot wake up lah!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

cataclysm wrote:Ai yah! Cannot wake up lah!
Heh.. I wished lor.. but my will is weak... I decided not to set the alarm before I went to bed! Heh... but I will stay awake for the next solar eclipse! *Promise* :P
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

hahaha! Very funny!!
Wee Nghee the Pooh
Clifford60

what about the lunar eclipse?

Post by Clifford60 »

Sorry remove, need memory space for other pic
Last edited by Clifford60 on Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

the morning prayer (nearby mosque) woke me up, i went outside to check the moon out and i saw the eclipse behind the clouds...back to dream-ship!
:)
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

I know this is digressing from the lunar eclipse but I spotted this incredibly bright object around the west at around 7 pm... Anyone know what it was?
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

jennifer1611991 wrote:I know this is digressing from the lunar eclipse but I spotted this incredibly bright object around the west at around 7 pm... Anyone know what it was?
venus?
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Yes it is Venus.
AstroDuck
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

Canopus Lim wrote:Yes it is Venus.
was it orange? I was fooling around with my scope and pointed it at the object as well but don't know what I was looking at.