THE LYRIDS STAR PARTY (Apr 21- Apr 22)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

1qn from me.. if I'm only coming for the ob session do i still need to pay?

Off Topic:
I can't help it.
quote Tachyon:
Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Miss quite a number of observation trip (include one on that same day :( :( :( ) already due to work, but since this one is at saturday night which I should already off work, I guess I should be able to join you guys at the campsite for observation. Will bring my scope along.

Have a nice day.

PS: Is the Vixen R200SS going too??? Will like to have a chance to view through it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Jin Peng

reply...

Post by Jin Peng »

Hi yanyewkay
For those who don't want the buffet need not have to pay for the buffet. You are welcome to join us for the observation session too. Do inform us if you are coming...

Hi weixing
PS: Is the Vixen R200SS going too??? Will like to have a chance to view through it...
Oh yes, the 8inch will be there. All astronomers if you have telescope, do bring it!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
By the way, where are you guys going to setup the scope?? Is there a specific area?? If I go there earlier than you guys, I don't want to setup my scope too far away from the rest of the scopes... :P :P Also, is there a lots of lighting at the campsite?? Will like to do some imaging at late night if possible... :P :P :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

i'll be going. lemme hijack this thread and rally also my Toa Payoh Observation group people: please come too, this was the session i mentioned at our last ob session ^^ lol..

Clifford will be coming along too, assuming he has no last minute work on that day. I have other people who might confirm their presence nearer to the event itself, though i think we'll have our dinner before the event.
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: reply...

Post by VinSnr »

Jin Peng wrote:Hi yanyewkay
For those who don't want the buffet need not have to pay for the buffet. You are welcome to join us for the observation session too. Do inform us if you are coming...

Hi weixing
PS: Is the Vixen R200SS going too??? Will like to have a chance to view through it...
Oh yes, the 8inch will be there. All astronomers if you have telescope, do bring it!
err..how do you differentiate those who paid for the buffet and those who didn't? Wait those who never pay go and eat then how?
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

LOL... don't worry, those pay will issued a sticker. Furthermore the eating area will be aside, not near the observation area. So will prevent any "exchange" of sticker... Anyway, lets enjoy this party, VinXnr do join us ya!
Jin Peng

reply...

Post by Jin Peng »

weixing wrote:Hi,
By the way, where are you guys going to setup the scope?? Is there a specific area?? If I go there earlier than you guys, I don't want to setup my scope too far away from the rest of the scopes... :P :P Also, is there a lots of lighting at the campsite?? Will like to do some imaging at late night if possible... :P :P :P

Have a nice day.
You can refer to the map in the brochure. The campsite is consider the darkest spot we know 8-) , is about few distance away fromt the lamp. In a clear sky, the southern skies look better compare to the north, which is obstruct by buildings and light pollution. Remus will be doing imaging too! :P

P.S: Oh, don't point telescope to the north, later people thought we are peeping them, you will never know what "treasure" you will find... :shock:
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Campsite, 50m away from the canal
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Jin Peng wrote:LOL... don't worry, those pay will issued a sticker. Furthermore the eating area will be aside, not near the observation area. So will prevent any "exchange" of sticker... Anyway, lets enjoy this party, VinXnr do join us ya!
Good idea! I would not want the smoke to deposit oil droplets and ash on my primary mirror! Make it as far away as possible! Also, make sure those oily fingers after eating chicken wings are thoroughly cleaned before touching my eyepieces! Eeee... Heh...

Oh yes, if I'm busy eating far away, who's to look after my scope? I may need to bring my maid along... :P
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]