Mersing Expedition (March 8-10)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

still stuck in camp. Cloudy and rainy everyday. Fingers crossed for clear skies!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

anyone can feedback what is the situation at the causeway these days for cars? [smilie=confused.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

seems like from the general consensus that the delays are lesser nowadays as "things may be toning down". however, the skies are certainly improving! now's clear!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
klutz

Post by klutz »

The sky was clear in the earlier part of the nite. Then passing clouds come one after another. I reached pretty late (9pm+). The Spore custom wasn't jammed when we reached (5pm).

Managed to find Remus & grp at the chalet. My friends only stayed for 2hr during the better nite and 1 group drove back Spore. And us, my friend's gf can't do without a bed, decides to check in the Mersing motel. So here I am, tapping on the motel free wireless to leave my comment while my friends are sleeping...

A friendly NTU missy (forgot her name again) showed us two nebulas (owl, orion), the Big Dipper, Jewel Box, M37 or M38 (she wasn't too sure either), Saturn etc, through NTU new 10" baby.

As I look out the window now, the sky seems to be clearing a bit... I must be getting old... My eyelids are becoming heavy...
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
jermng

Post by jermng »

Just got back too .. sky was starting to get cloudy but still enjoyed a good half hour of "Mersing Skies" ... only managed to talk to Mooey when I arrived at about 215am ... apparently Remus was sleeping .. :)

Thanks Klutz for keeping us updated bout the weather on e way there.

In the end, had another half hour of binocular ob halfway home cos just couldn't get enough .. :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

Haha, Remus caught sleeping away ! :)
Hope you guys have fun.
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!
kazumacat

Post by kazumacat »

Hope you guys have fun too...
Even a good half hour of "Mersing Skies" will had me satisfied~!
[smilie=desperate.gif]
~Clear Skies~

Clear Skies~! I wish for Clear Skies when i'm free~!!! Clear Skies~!
swimaniac

Post by swimaniac »

Sam Lee wrote:Haha, Remus caught sleeping away ! :)
I guess he must have been drained trying too hard doing his IPPT during his in camp training.
Swim or Sink
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

hahah
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

well...lack of confidence on the traffic situation and relying too much on "live" satellite photos stopped the 18" from getting to mersing this time round. Seems from the report you did get the clear night that was reported by a lost klutz to me earlier but clouds rolled in after that?
In anycase, let's hope Remus' Apr trip is better.
BTW, Remus, I understand you went separately because of your reservist. How did you go there alone? By taxi?
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets