Solar Eclipse Myanmar 2010

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
boothee

Solar Eclipse Myanmar 2010

Post by boothee »

Hi,

Anyone wants to visit Myanmar in January 2010? There will be a Total Solar Eclipse visible from Myanmar in January 2010. I think, it would be a great idea to visit Myanmar around that period. So you can witness solar eclipse and enjoy the beauty of the country before or after that event.

:)
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

the january 15 eclipse crossing burma will be an annualr eclipse... not total...
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

Hi boothe,

I'm planning to go Bagan to see this annular eclipse. Nice chance for photography. Where do you live in Burma boothe?

Jia Hao
Clear skies please...
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

welcome back boothee! [smilie=cheer.gif]
Nice to have a rare total solar eclipse in your country. We somehow won't be able to see one here... [smilie=crying3.gif] Do post some shots of the event!
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Hmm... should I go to Myanmar in 15 Jan or the Easter Island on 11 July?

Decisions... decisions... maybe I will go both!

Jiahao - Bagan is SW to Mandalay, which is away from the central line... maybe a location N to NW of Mandalay would be more appropriate?
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Airconvent wrote:welcome back boothee! [smilie=cheer.gif]
Nice to have a rare total solar eclipse in your country. We somehow won't be able to see one here... [smilie=crying3.gif] Do post some shots of the event!
Wait for 7 years to come, in year 2019, Singapore will experience an annular solar eclipse.

I am very interested to observe the annular eclipse somewhere near Mandalay. Hope Boothee can give some advices on how to plan to go there...maybe boothee also can organize an observation expedition.
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

Tachyon wrote:Hmm... should I go to Myanmar in 15 Jan or the Easter Island on 11 July?

Decisions... decisions... maybe I will go both!

Jiahao - Bagan is SW to Mandalay, which is away from the central line... maybe a location N to NW of Mandalay would be more appropriate?
Andrew,

Go for both lah, considering the Jan 15 eclipse is not far from Singapore.

Actually I'm thinking of observing the eclipse on a hot air balloon in Bagan, doubling the excitement, though the condition in the afternoon may not be suitable for air balloon flying.

The length of annularity is 7m50s in Bagan, which is very long already, though the ring won't be perfectly central. Anyway Bagan should be more accessable than NW of Mandalay.

P.S. You are planning to go Easter Island for the July 10 eclipse? I'm thinking of going Cook Island NE of New Zealand for the eclipse. At least we can pay a visit to New Zealand for photography before or after the eclipse in case we don't see the eclipse due to bad weather. However the visa to New Zealand and the expenses (4k, estimated) of the trip will be a big problem for me.

Jia Hao
Clear skies please...
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

universe24 wrote:
Airconvent wrote:welcome back boothee! [smilie=cheer.gif]
Wait for 7 years to come, in year 2019, Singapore will experience an annular solar eclipse.

I am very interested to observe the annular eclipse somewhere near Mandalay. Hope Boothee can give some advices on how to plan to go there...maybe boothee also can organize an observation expedition.
Hi Wei Loon,

Have you decided where to go for the July 22 total eclipse?

Jia Hao
Clear skies please...
boothee

Post by boothee »

kingkong wrote:the january 15 eclipse crossing burma will be an annualr eclipse... not total...
Oh! Yes. Been thinking annular and wrote total.
Thanks for your correction.

:)
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
boothee

Post by boothee »

jiahao1986 wrote:Hi boothe,

I'm planning to go Bagan to see this annular eclipse. Nice chance for photography. Where do you live in Burma boothe?

Jia Hao
Hi Jia Hao,

I found that Shwe Bo, not far away from Mandalay, would be the best site which is on the central line of the eclipse according to the following web site.
http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/SlideWindow.html

May I have your opinion?

Thanks,

boothee