Sidewalk Astronomy (Obs) on Sat 22nd May, at Marina Barrage

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
bharat

Post by bharat »

It was a great experience for first timers like me and my family. For us, Saturn with its rings was so far just something to be seen in pictures. Last night, we got to see the real Saturn with its rings, and ofcourse, some wonderful views of the moon. Perhaps, may not have been the best of evenings for star gazing, we had to wait for a while for the clouds to clear, but the wait was well worth it. Must say that my curiousity has gone up a few folds and I am sure I will spend a lot more time gathering information about astronomy. A big thanks to all the singastroians who made this possible!
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi Kelvin, waited patiently for the photos, faster post leh. hehe
Gary

Post by Gary »

I have made 2 suggestions at the feedback section about Singastro twitter and namecard. Feel free to comment there. :)

http://www.singastro.org/viewtopic.php?t=8224
http://www.singastro.org/viewtopic.php?t=8222
Gary

Post by Gary »

bharat wrote:It was a great experience for first timers like me and my family. For us, Saturn with its rings was so far just something to be seen in pictures. Last night, we got to see the real Saturn with its rings, and ofcourse, some wonderful views of the moon. Perhaps, may not have been the best of evenings for star gazing, we had to wait for a while for the clouds to clear, but the wait was well worth it. Must say that my curiousity has gone up a few folds and I am sure I will spend a lot more time gathering information about astronomy. A big thanks to all the singastroians who made this possible!
Hi Bharat. Nice meeting you and your family. Glad you guys enjoyed the session. Your children are really fortunate. I wish my parents brought me out for astro sessions when I was a small kid. :)

In any case, Astronomy will definitely enrich your understanding of your own culture and the Vedantic wisdom of the Maharishis from the great Land of Bharat. The West still have a lot to learn from "ancient" text like Surya Siddhanta. :)