Sidewalk Astronomy (Obs) on Sat 22nd May, at Marina Barrage

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
majestic

Post by majestic »

It looks like it'll be happening on Friday. I can't make it then unfortunately but will definitely be there if it ends up moving to Saturday!

Does phpBB support polls? Probably the easiest way to estimate the numbers...
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

OK, lets take a poll, just post your choice Fri (ECP) or Sat (MB), poll close on Thur 6pm. Starting from me, 1st vote.

Of course I take Fri
CaImmrts

Post by CaImmrts »

Fri(ECP), because my test is at night on Saturday.
10,000rpm

Post by 10,000rpm »

Friday I may togok until I see stars but Sat I can definitely make it.
rlow

Post by rlow »

My preference is Saturday. For those who work, compared with Friday, Saturday is not so tiring, no rushing back-and-forth after work, and no peak-hour jam.
Richard Low
rlow

Post by rlow »

And if you put the location (ECP or MB) to poll, while East Coast Park may have somewhat darker surroundings for those who want to really observe, the Marina Barrage would better serve to meet the Sidewalk Astronomy objective. At the same time, it will create a bigger public profile & awareness for Singastro. So I will prefer MB.
Richard Low
bharat

Post by bharat »

I would like to attend the sidewalk event for the first time and if my vote counts, I prefer MB on Saturday.

BTW, at what time do you usually start the sidewalk sessions?
majestic

Post by majestic »

My vote's still for Saturday, I just can't make it on Friday. Any venue is fine.
bharat

Post by bharat »

I am trying to take a first few steps in star gazing and saw the interactive sky map on Astro Viewer. Based on what I saw on the map, I believe this weekend would be a good time to view planets like Saturn, Mars and Venus and stars like Sirrius and Arctetus (not sure about the spelling!) should also be in view. Is my understanding correct?