Sidewalk Astronomy (Obs) on Sat 22nd May, at Marina Barrage

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Clifford60

Sidewalk Astronomy (Obs) on Sat 22nd May, at Marina Barrage

Post by Clifford60 »

[s]Hi all, plan for an ob this week at the regular East Coast Park Carpark C4/D1 location at 8.30pm to 11:30pm

Just don't want to clash with the sidewalk astronomy activities this week if there is one. If sidewalk astro (likely Marina Barrage) is held on Sat (22nd May), we will held the ECP Ob on Fri (21st May). If it is held on Fri or No sidewalk at all, then the Ob will be on Sat.[/s]

Looking forward for a clear sky.

Based on the poll, the OBS (Sidewalk Astronomy) will be move to Marina Barrage on Sat at 8.30pm.
Last edited by Clifford60 on Thu May 20, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

OK, confirm on Friday, 21st May 8.30pm.

One person confirmed going plus me of course.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Clifford, rather than have two separate events on Fri & Sat (as I am sure not many would come for two consecutive nights,) why not you organize it as the sidewalk event. I am sure Wxg would not mind....and I will come to support.
Richard Low
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Yap... I agree!

Anyway, the purpose of SingAstro Sidewalk Astronomy was to having a regular observation session for public and SingAstro members... who organize it doesn't matter.

Just let us know the date, time and location... I'll also come to support it.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
CaImmrts

Post by CaImmrts »

So is it on Friday? Because I have a test on Saturday and won't be able to make it then.
Last edited by CaImmrts on Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CaImmrts

Post by CaImmrts »

CaImmrts wrote:So is it on Friday? Because I have a test on Saturday at and won't be able to make it then.
oops double post mods pls delete
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

rlow wrote:Clifford, rather than have two separate events on Fri & Sat (as I am sure not many would come for two consecutive nights,) why not you organize it as the sidewalk event. I am sure Wxg would not mind....and I will come to support.
weixing wrote: Hi,
Yap... I agree!

Anyway, the purpose of SingAstro Sidewalk Astronomy was to having a regular observation session for public and SingAstro members... who organize it doesn't matter.

Just let us know the date, time and location... I'll also come to support it.
Alamak, I was thinking of going for both the events leh, it may be true that it may thin the number of Astro members at both days, however, not everyone are free on a particular day, like CaImmrts is not free on Sat, so they will have choice. As for public, both sites have different group of people.

ECP event I have some private stuffs to do around there on that day, not perm event. While sidewalk event, as you suggested Marina Barrage be the perm location on 2nd Sat (22nd May this month) after new moon night.

So are both of you OK for this time a two nights event? If OK, I can create another thread for the sidewalk event on Sat. Or if want to turn the Fri event and called it as sidewalk event is not a problem at all.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Clifford60 wrote: ECP event I have some private stuffs to do around there on that day, not perm event. While sidewalk event, as you suggested Marina Barrage be the perm location on 2nd Sat (22nd May this month) after new moon night.
The Sidewalk Astronomy session was organize due to lack of regular obs session for the public and member in more public location. So if there is an obs session coming, we can just combine to one session as some of us might not be able to attend 2 consecutive session.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

err.what sidewalk astronomy? where?
rlow

Post by rlow »

Just a thought: maybe CaImmrts should come on sat night after the test, rather than on fri night before your test.

Anyway since Clifford is the new organizer of the Singastro Sidewalk Astro event, maybe we can let him decide when and where to hold it. I think one night is enough; I am free on fri & sat, but I will only come for one night.
Richard Low