J&U Opposition and International Observe the Moon Night

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
denebman

Post by denebman »

Thanks Kelvin for the nice photos.

I was equally impressed by the two 12.5 inch dobsonians and RLow's 6 inch wolf in sheep's coat. Next time I should bring my 10 inch f/6 dobsonian for its second light.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Well...didn't I said before I was looking forward to Kelvin's photos? They are well taken indeed!

Now it looks like you guys have given a moniker for the 6" refractor - "Supercharged C6R Yellow Submarine"! I was thinking of changing its color to the classic white, but maybe I will leave it as yellow for now....just add on the Denk II binoviewer with 2-arm Powerswitch and maybe some people may think it resembles a periscope, hahaha!
Richard Low
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

i noticed that some of the scopes didn't have half-piers.

was not aware one could use the scopes with no half-pier over here... the Orion 16" pier extension i got is too long and way too heavy that i'm questioning whether i need it or not...
rlow

Post by rlow »

My mount can be used without the half-pier. With original counterweights at the lowest setting, it will clear the tripod legs by just 3mm. However the yellow submarine will not, as the 2" maxbright diagonal will hit the tripod legs. I didn't like the Orion 8" half-pier, so I made mine at 5" tall.
Richard Low
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

It was a great event ! Thanks for WeiXin and Andrew for providing me the guidance to setup my scope! Glad to share my humble scope with the public too...

kudos to you guys for organising this event!
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

A very successful event,and the sky was clear.The view through the two 12.5 ins Dob,Joo Beng 12 ins SCT,CheeYuin 11ins SCT,and Rlow 6 ins triplet Apo are all magnificent and my special thanks to rLow showing what good ep can do to a image.The long Q for Remus scope is also impressive.(too long Q;never had chance to look thr his scope--must be impressive).Really impressed and would urge all newcomer to the hobby to attend more of such gathering to learn something.There is always something new to learn.Thanks you all for organizing such a meaningful night.
cloud_cover
Favourite scope: 94.5", f/24 Ritchey-Chretien Reflector

Post by cloud_cover »

Congrats on the organisers for putting together such a great event, all done on volunteer time!
I really wish I could have made it :)
DON'T PANIC
dragoncai2008

a very successful and exciting astro banquet

Post by dragoncai2008 »

[smilie=admire.gif] first of all, thank you all the guys who brought your telescope babies to the site. we really enjoyed the "meal" !

I particularly thank Kelvin for his amazing photos and demo of night shooting. he really inspired me to pick up my D90 menu book again on last Sunday... [smilie=cool.gif]
I Like DIY.
Enterprise

Post by Enterprise »

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to my first singastro ob! Hope to see more of u guys next time.

Jay (with the Nexstar 6SE)