Toa Payoh Astronomy Interest Group?

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Gary

Toa Payoh Astronomy Interest Group?

Post by Gary »

Hi All. Manage to speak to a few grassroot leaders in Toa Payoh. They are quite keen to promote Astronomy here and organise overseas stargazing trips for their residents.

I am thinking of setting up an Astronomy Interest Group in Toa Payoh to facilitate these event organisers to promote Astronomy here.

More info about what is an Interest Group (IG):
http://pa.gov.sg/interest-groups.html

Anyone staying around the Toa Payoh area and keen to join? Need 4 more people to form the group. Feel free to contact me or drop me a PM.

I think forming Astronomical Interest Groups over different parts of Singapore is a good way to promote Astronomy locally. Compared to a Registered Society, IGs does not take up too much of the member's time and members can also get to know their community better and make more friends in the process of sharing their hobby.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Thanks Gary.
Looks like the Toa Payoh CSN is being revived! I think Zong will be first at your door as he has been conducting occasional sessions in that part of the country. [smilie=cool.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Great effort Gary! Only wished I stayed in TP!! But at least you have your foot through the door which is a wonderful start!

Forming small Astronomical groups island wide is a good idea. Keep it small so micro management is easy and overseeing of participants is better kept.

Anyone in Pasir Ris interested???
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

timatworksg wrote:Great effort Gary! Only wished I stayed in TP!! But at least you have your foot through the door which is a wonderful start!

Forming small Astronomical groups island wide is a good idea. Keep it small so micro management is easy and overseeing of participants is better kept.

Anyone in Pasir Ris interested???
eh..TP can also mean Tampines [smilie=cool.gif]
BTW, if you are at Pasir Ris, you can start one there are join weixing at Tampines next door. [smilie=cute.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

hehe...ok..TP above is Toa Payoh ..lol!

True...weixing...whats your thoughts??
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
Gary

Post by Gary »

We will quickly register TP as toa payoh with PA so that your Tampines group will be forced to choose a different abbreviation. LOL :P
Gary

Post by Gary »

We need 2 more to form the IG. Please spread the word. Thanks! :)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Good job,

if you have enough ppl, you can upgrade the group into an astro club, MP and AGastro.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Hmm... I thought TP is Temasek Polytechnic??? Ha ha ha [smilie=ahaaah.gif]

Anyway, will restart my Tampines session once weather improve. [smilie=dong.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Gary

Post by Gary »

Is Tanjong Pagar also :)