Kens's 1 day Bekok Trip

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
kensou

Kens's 1 day Bekok Trip

Post by kensou »

Spot what am I shooting [smilie=admire.gif]

weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Re: Kens's 1 day Bekok Trip

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Must be M31... :mryellow:

Singapore also clear... I'm also imaging... Now taking my third object of the night. :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kensou

Post by kensou »

PP skill not there yet >.>
2 same pic diff PP

kensou

Post by kensou »

yupppppp andromeda galaxy :D
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Nice milky way! [smilie=good-job.gif] Prefer the first type... look warmer. :mryellow:

Initially, I also plan to take wide field using my EF30mm F2 lens, but forget to bring the plate for my DSLR... May be next time... [smilie=bad-atmosphere.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kensou

Post by kensou »

Thanks weixing! Got time must go over ur obs area to see you in action. [smilie=admire.gif] Still pretty amateur in this field so image resulted not so nice [smilie=bad-atmosphere.gif]
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi Ken, Great attempt. [smilie=good-job.gif] Like the 1st PP too, nicer. 3rd and 4th PP position isn't the same crop.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Kens. Nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

We talked about such an opportunity for sometime during our sidewalk sessions in Singapore. Very glad we finally made it happen! I personally prefer the second Milky Way photo with the more bluish hue. Looks more surreal and the "dark horse" captured in it is more contrasty. :)

Nice framing of M31. Makes one realise how gigantic the galaxy is compared to the background of stars.
Last edited by Gary on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
kensou wrote:Thanks weixing! Got time must go over ur obs area to see you in action. [smilie=admire.gif] Still pretty amateur in this field so image resulted not so nice [smilie=bad-atmosphere.gif]
Your image look good... I don't think I can take any better image than this... :mrgreen:

Anyway, my PP skill also no good... plus I'm very lazy to find tune here and there... ha ha ha [smilie=embarrassed3.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
kensou

Post by kensou »

Link to my FB photos [smilie=admire.gif]

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 9589eb1d00

weixing: you are too humble haha