M78 - LRGB

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

M78 - LRGB

Post by Paramount »

Hi
Normally I do narrow band due to light pollution unless the subject is high up near the zenith and there is no moon. I thought I would have a go at M78 as it is a subject that has always appealed to me, the problem being that I can only image it once Orion has cleared my house and by then it has already gone past its highest position in the sky and I am shooting directly over houses where the bedroom lights are on until very late into the night so conditions are far from ideal. Because of this I have had to crop the image considerably as there were two large "light flairs" in opposite corners of the image where part of the data had to be shot when the subject was relatively close to a lit bedroom window.
This was taken with my Televue NP127/FLI PL16803 astrograph on my Paramount ME
Exposure times were
28x10 minutes Luminance
12x10 minutes Red
8x10 minutes Green
12x10 minutes Blue
Overall I'm pleased with the result as the detail and colour of M78 is there
The full size image is at the following link

http://m2.i.pbase.com/o9/29/869929/1/15 ... 78LRGB.jpg

Best wishes
Gordon

Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
william

Re: M78 - LRGB

Post by william »

[smilie=admire.gif]
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: M78 - LRGB

Post by Airconvent »

Very very nicely done Gordon! :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets