Portable mini Observatory first light

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
kimo

Portable mini Observatory first light

Post by kimo »

Hi,

Portable mini observatory first light of NGC3372. I had collected only few Ha Exposures, scope WO 120 and DSI PRO II.

Thanks
Kimo
bornfree
Favourite scope: Still searching for "The Eye"

Re: Portable mini Observatory first light

Post by bornfree »

looks good.
mobile observatory.. nice!
Born to be Free
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Interesting Kimo. Ever thought of joining ST to design mobile missile launchers ? :p
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kimo

Post by kimo »

Thanks. honestly, it is my own design. I made it shorter and compact for stability. now I don't have to carry any things at all, easier to go anywhere around my house. My place is beside KJE and sky is dark.
PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Post by PETER LOO »

Excellent design Kimo [smilie=admire.gif] , very innovative, may be we can look into join venture and put in Gyro stabilization (using those manufactured for Aero-Model helicopter) in future :)
The carpark is so bright, and you manage to capture good image, no doubt you had used a Ha narrow band filter.
Your stars are also round and compact, wonder how you polar align so quickly to leave with useful capture time ? Using software too ? (i used phd software for polar alignment instead of manual drift, which consume the whole night - 0 mins left for capturing [smilie=beaten.gif] ) Thanks
kimo

Post by kimo »

Thanks. I am doing trial so went to car park. absolutely this is not the right place for imaging. Yesterday, I had tested beside KJE but realized that 100 to 360deg sky are accessible. so I needed to re cabling and replaced devices. I think now should be fine. Yes, I don't need too long for drifting alignment, I had fixed compass and angle level on mount and bubble level on the platform, so its takes only 10 to 15min (start to end). I don't like to westing too much time on alignment. I use software for alignment, it is very perfect.
Thanks
Kimo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kimo on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astrosiao

Post by Astrosiao »

[THUMBS UP SIGN]
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

inspiring portable observatory setup, Michael!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
kimo

Post by kimo »

Thanks for encouragement.